Detailing World Forum banner

Anyone in UAE

55K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  JamesRS5 
#1 ·
Anyone else here?

Bright red and shiny T6 based in Khalifa City A, other side of the road to Al Raha.

#11 ·
I'm here in Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai. People here don't seem interested in car detailing, so long as the car looks clean and isn't covered in dust then they are happy.

I've seen beautiful exotic cars being wiped over by the car park guy with his dirty scratch cloth and bucket of filthy water, it's a crime but the owners don't care less, it looks clean so they are happy.

#12 ·
I'm here in Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai. People here don't seem interested in car detailing, so long as the car looks clean and isn't covered in dust then they are happy.

I've seen beautiful exotic cars being wiped over by the car park guy with his dirty scratch cloth and bucket of filthy water, it's a crime but the owners don't care less, it looks clean so they are happy.
Yeah it is horrible to see :(

Just been banned by my building for cleaning, apparently I make the car park floor too dirty :wall:

#13 ·
My sister had the same problem; her solution was to move the car out of her space at the end, then use the rinse water and a rubber broom (like a large squeegee) at the end.

ONR washes are the only thing you can really do in apartments without annoying the residents/staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
They tried that with me and insisted I had to pay for the car park cleaning guy to wash my car. I stood my ground and asked them to provide a set of house rules which state I'm not allowed to wash my own car.
I clean up after myself and squeegee the water down the drain, I also wash the car in a spot right next to the drain to make less mess.
To be honest, the floor only looks wet this time of year, it's 45'C in the parking for the rest of the year so water evaporates off the floor in no time at all.

I was detailing a friends car last week using the DA polisher, I got 2 offers to rectify an M3 and mustang while I was at it. Some people obviously care for their cars.

#18 ·
It is a very dusty environment so keeping a just cleaned look is a challenge, you just need to clean often. With the gtechniq protection it does just need a quick hose over to make it look good again.

I look forward to seeing DW over here, will that be at the exhibition centre during the car show?
I can PM you my number if you need someone to take you out and show you the town, happy to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.