PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym Life Shine

LiamNorton
16-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm about to use Autoglym Life Shine on a car at work, I've read all the the instructions to it but now jus want to hear off others that have used it. All I was really wondering is with the bodywork protection it says to make sure the paint work is clean from any contaminants, waxes and polish before applying. It may sound stupid but once that is applied, do I polish the car after. My boss has told me to polish it first and then add the protection but I thought I'd check in here first. Any tips or advise on the other products to be used would be appreciated too. Thanks, Liam

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

aaronfife
16-08-2012, 12:54 PM
2BM, rinse, clay/de tar is needed, polish then protection/sealant/wax

steve o
16-08-2012, 01:37 PM
My opinion only, but lifeshine isn't worth the money! Just my opinion. I'd use a decent sealant instead. I tend to use FK or jetseal under a top layer wax.

But yes, cleanse the paint to whatever level you see fit as aaronfife says, wash, clay, de tar, polish, IPA, glaze, then apply your life shine (essentially its nothing more than a sealant), then wax over the top x 2.

B-mah
16-08-2012, 01:50 PM
2BM, rinse, clay/de tar is needed, polish then protection/sealant/wax

After the polish part i would use CarPro Eraser to remove all residue of the polish and then CarPro Reload for the sealant :argie:

16-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm about to use Autoglym Life Shine on a car at work, I've read all the the instructions to it but now jus want to hear off others that have used it. All I was really wondering is with the bodywork protection it says to make sure the paint work is clean from any contaminants, waxes and polish before applying. It may sound stupid but once that is applied, do I polish the car after. My boss has told me to polish it first and then add the protection but I thought I'd check in here first. Any tips or advise on the other products to be used would be appreciated too. Thanks, Liam

if its the new formula kit then don't polish/wax first, if its the older style kit then polish/wax it first, you should wax/polish lifeshine regularly after its on the car, claybar will damage it so if you do clay after its on you will have to reapply lifeshine after

Autoglym
17-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi, we do spend an awful lot of time working out how best to prepare surfaces for LifeShine and apply and remove the products. Following the instructions really is the best way to get the most out of LifeShine. As 666 mentioned there is an old and a new formulation of LifeShine, the newer one will instruct you to make sure the paint work is clean from any contaminants, waxes and polish before applying. It is important you follow this step.

SystemClenz
17-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Tbh I really like the LifeShine system, and the new formular is much nicer to work with, easy on and easy off, unlike the last formular.

It's just a shame this is going to be only available via main dealers! So my rep says.

The glass guard works very well and although I don't use it on customers windscreens I do on mine and it's pretty good.

The scotch guard is nice to use, although I wear a mask it doesn't leave a chocking scent in the car like most other fabric protectors.

LiamNorton
17-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Thank you for all your help, I found the LifeShine very easy to work with an left great results :)

izzard87
28-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Is the Glass guard safe to use on windscreens ?!

xJay1337
28-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Is life shine a trade product, where does it sit in relation to extra gloss protection for example?

MirfieldMat
28-08-2012, 10:48 AM
lifeshine is good if applied correctly. i had about 10 months out of one coat on my old micra. the only reason it has a bad rep imo is the dealers that apply it just slap it on.