PDA

View Full Version : Prep Pink Dye to strong ?

Goodfella36
17-12-2013, 12:06 AM
Hi

I recently used Prep then as I was applying a sealant by cotton applicators i noticed the pink dye coming out on applicators of course you want the surface to be spotless.

perhaps dye to strong and leaving it on surface after the ipa has evaporated ???

TooFunny
17-12-2013, 09:09 AM
I found this with Eraser when applying C1 and it pulled up the blue dye, I was told not to worry about it but it is a little disconcerting alright.

Goodfella36
17-12-2013, 12:28 PM
I found this with Eraser when applying C1 and it pulled up the blue dye, I was told not to worry about it but it is a little disconcerting alright.

Ill keep with panel wipe anything that leave's something so obvious on the surface is not what I personally want.

Gyeon Jeremy
18-12-2013, 09:36 AM
The amount of dye used in Prep is such a trace amount is has completely no influence on any coating or sealant used afterwards. We've tested it on multiple paintwork types and in different ways and it didn't affect both the way of coating and it's durability afterwards.

What i suppose though, is that you've probably used a lot of product and sprayed a larger amount directly onto the paintwork. I'd suggest to spray on a microfibre a then wipe the surface. The product will do exactly the same job, remain effective and get more efficient without leaving anything behind - that's my personal, practical experience with Prep.

caledonia
18-12-2013, 09:58 AM
As a general rule it is almost impossible to dye modern car paint with any form of pigments. But what has been highlighted here is that there is still residue of some sort left on the cars surface. Possibly at microscopic levels, within the pores of the paint. This is what has taken on the colouration not the paint itself.

It was different in the past where we did not have clear on vehicles and the dry and weather nature of the car paint could easily take on colouration.
If you are picking up dyes from the cars surface. Then a further wipe down is required and some products are more resilient than other when trying to remove the residue for the uppers surfaces of the paint. Think how hard Suntan cream is to remove for the cars paint work. Polish residue and waxes can be just as troublesome.

Over the last year I have cam across certain polishes that have been adapted and change to work better and give the user a more enjoyable experience as in look and control. But these different additives have also become more of a bane to remove fully and can be quite resilient to wipe downs.

Personally I still carry out 2 wipe downs. Firstly to reduce users error and possibly missing a section Secondly to make sure it is totally free of any form of surface contamination after the first.

Gordon.

moosh
05-05-2014, 12:30 AM
I was using this stuff today and noticed the dye transfer, I also noted it's smells exactly the same as eraser?

Have I missed the company re branding?

ronwash
07-05-2014, 11:13 PM
I was using this stuff today and noticed the dye transfer, I also noted it's smells exactly the same as eraser?

Have I missed the company re branding?

Completely different smell between the two.

moosh
07-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Completely different smell between the two.

They smell exactly the same mate and work the exact same hence why I asked, my nose doesn't lie I'm afraid :thumb:

Gyeon Robert
08-05-2014, 12:20 PM
The smell is almost the same and product itself based on similar formula. We decided to use that "perfume" based on the comments we got from our initial testers. They said they love it :argie: I could bring the name of perfume here on the forum, it is available to purchase for all on korean market, but i'd rather keep the secret :p