PDA

View Full Version : Can Wetcoat be applied to a dry car?

AndyA4TDI
03-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Can it, I won't be surprised if the answer is no, the clue being in the name.

ronwash
03-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Asked and answer for.

AndyA4TDI
03-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Asked and answer for.

Thanks mate, got some arriving Monday, trying to get my head round getting 3 months protection from something you spray on a wet car

S63
03-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Why would you want to apply Wetcoat to a dry car?

As with any LSP, to gain maximum benefit you should apply it to a freshly cleaned car, so directly after the final wash whilst the car is still wet is the optimum time to apply a product like Wetcoat.:thumb:

AndyA4TDI
03-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Why would you want to apply Wetcoat to a dry car?

As with any LSP, to gain maximum benefit you should apply it to a freshly cleaned car, so directly after the final wash whilst the car is still wet is the optimum time to apply a product like Wetcoat.:thumb:

Thanks mate, just trying to get my head around the science of it all, at least when you apply, say a wax or sealant to a dry car,you can be certain that it has an even coating. Andy

S63
03-04-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't understand it either, need a degree in chemistry!

But it works though.

Gleammachine
03-04-2014, 07:47 PM
The water becomes the carrier for Wetcoat, when you rinse it the first time it carries over the panel, further rinsing intensifies the process. (my basic take on it anyhow)

ronwash
04-04-2014, 02:37 PM
And in the end,youre playing with water..pure fun :p

Zetec-al
04-04-2014, 02:41 PM
The water becomes the carrier for Wetcoat, when you rinse it the first time it carries over the panel, further rinsing intensifies the process. (my basic take on it anyhow)

So your saying the more you spread the water around the car when jetwashing off the better coverage you will get?

Gleammachine
09-04-2014, 08:17 AM
So your saying the more you spread the water around the car when jetwashing off the better coverage you will get?

Within reason, I go round the whole car twice with the pressure washer, then a final rinse with an open flow. You will notice the beading increase more on the second rinse.:thumb:

MDC250
10-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Slightly off topic...

Bought some of this recently without really checking directions for application...can it go on top of other products or has it got to be applied to bare and fully prepped paint (IPA or panel wipe etc). I'm thinking likes of a glaze and say a wax and/or sealant.

Might sound a strange question but like the sound of its ease of use but at the mo haven't corrected wife's car so it needs other products on to hide swirls etc.

dailly92
10-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Slightly off topic...

Bought some of this recently without really checking directions for application...can it go on top of other products or has it got to be applied to bare and fully prepped paint (IPA or panel wipe etc). I'm thinking likes of a glaze and say a wax and/or sealant.

Might sound a strange question but like the sound of its ease of use but at the mo haven't corrected wife's car so it needs other products on to hide swirls etc.

I cureently had Bouncers vanilla ice which the protection and beading had greatly reduced. with the bad weather i decided to stick some of this on with its easy application has worked fine left a nice deep gloss and has amazing beeding/sheeting