PDA

View Full Version : The all new Gyeon Q² CanCoat - IMPORTANT NEWS

Gyeon Jeremy
08-10-2014, 12:56 PM
the NEW Gyeon Q²CanCoat - YouTube

Dear Gyeon Fans and Customers,

this is one of the most awaited and important news this year.
After dozens of technical tests, aging tests, laboratory developement and "real-life" tests on various surfaces we can present the totally new Q² CanCoat.
After some past, technical issues with our cans, new Q2 CanCoat comes in a new, even better formula version!

The major improvements:

- 100% working, high quality valves and sprayheads with no risk of blocking
- an improved, more concentrated formula,
- more durablity,
- more gloss
- the same ease of use,
- more fun out of one can,
- the same price!

You can look at the new CanCoat as a stand-alone coating but also use it:

- as a superb, hydrophobic top coat for both Prime and Mohs,
- as a coating for rims and brake calipers,
- as a coating for both head- and taillights,
- as a coating for exterior trim.

For all of you, who bought a faulty can from a previous batch, we prepared a special offer. YOU are important to us and we'll do our best, to keep you satisfied with the product. We put more effort then ever to make things work outstandingly well.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y421/GYEON/cid_DE0DBDE4-22B8-4E3E-956C-2348B2A2C2C7_zps63bebfd2.png (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/GYEON/media/cid_DE0DBDE4-22B8-4E3E-956C-2348B2A2C2C7_zps63bebfd2.png.html)

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y421/GYEON/cid_C2369BB2-B93F-4526-83CD-11748AD76533_zps258c43b3.jpg (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/GYEON/media/cid_C2369BB2-B93F-4526-83CD-11748AD76533_zps258c43b3.jpg.html)

SystemClenz
08-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Excellent news :thumb: and well done in overcoming all the issues you faced with the last 2 cans, I'm looking forward to having this back as it was very popular.

DIESEL DAVE
08-10-2014, 01:50 PM
How do I go about getting the replacement `special offer` ?:)

7MAT
08-10-2014, 01:56 PM
New formulation Q2 CanCoat (http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/gyeon-q2-cancoat-350ml.html) now in stock guys!

Blueberry
08-10-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm in [emoji106][emoji106]

DIESEL DAVE
08-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks Matt and Jeremy, more than generous :thumb:

jamiepollock643
08-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Yeah cannot wait to get this now, also interested in the special offer after the last 2 can issues. Really good that this can be used as a top coat for prime etc :):)

sm81
08-10-2014, 08:03 PM
the NEW Gyeon Q²CanCoat - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whY5BrPHRYM)

Dear Gyeon Fans and Customers,

After some past, technical issues with our cans, new Q2 CanCoat comes in a new, even better formula version!

The major improvements:

- 100% working, high quality valves and sprayheads with no risk of blocking
- an improved, more concentrated formula,
- more durablity,
- more gloss
- the same ease of use,
- more fun out of one can,
- the same price!

What means "more durability and gloss". How can we measure it?
What about "more concentrated formula"? i4detailing refer that consumption is still 150ml/car. Not so economical I think...

Gyeon Jeremy
08-10-2014, 08:56 PM
sm81 your questions and doubts answered:

- more durability or maybe in better words - better, improved durability. That's simple - same amount, same application lasts longer. Can be proved easy. In case your previous can didn't work - you'll have to belive us...

- more gloss - that's as hard as saying what has more gloss on a BMW 475 coded paint - Zymol Glasur on a HD-Cleanse prepared surface or SV Concorso on, let's say, Auto Finesse Rejuvenate. The more paints and combinations you'll try, the easier you'll notice the difference. Still not an obvious thing, i'm the last to judge in this matter, but i think, that we'll get some user-feedback soon on that matter.

- more concentrated formula means, that you'll find more SiO2 and other valuable ingredients inside of the can. It does not say, that you'll to twice as many cars out of one can - that's not the point. It will last longer, you'll get more protection and more durability out of the same amount product.

- is it economical? Depends. If you compare it to a large container of Collinite's bestseller No. 476 - no, it's way more expensive. If you compare it to a basic SiO2 coating in a 30ml package - it's a bargain!

Cheers

Jeremy

sm81
09-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Thanks for informative reply

jamiepollock643
09-10-2014, 02:06 PM
How do we go about getting one then along with this special offer for the non working ones?? It hasn't been mentioned what we do or what it is?

WhiteRoc_170
09-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Would this be a suitable lsp for winter protection? Sorry if its a dumb question.

Blueberry
09-10-2014, 06:33 PM
How do we go about getting one then along with this special offer for the non working ones?? It hasn't been mentioned what we do or what it is?

If you email the company you bought it from, quoting your Order Number, they should be able to sort you out. That's what i4detailing have done it.

Would this be a suitable lsp for winter protection? Sorry if its a dumb question.

Yes it would. It's been on our Discovery 4 since July and I've been very impressed with it. I plan on applying it to my own car for winter, in the very near future. It's just so easy to apply and it works so well.

s_hosgood
13-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Matt from i4detailing sorted mine out today - top customer service and a couple of freebies too!!

John.C
18-11-2014, 09:04 PM
I've got a can of this on the way from Polished Bliss [emoji106] ..

Just a quick question regarding the microfibres you use during application . Do they have to be discarded after use ? I presume with this being a coating any residue left on the microfibres will fully harden and possibly cause marring if Re-used ?

Gyeon Jeremy
20-11-2014, 01:57 PM
John.C - if you leave them without washing till next morning - they might harden a bit and the fibers will stick together. I'll sugest washing after you're done with coating - this will pretty much assure the possibility of re-use on paint.

stupot42
25-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Bit of a newbie to the detailing world so have what is probably a stupid question... but if you don't ask you never learn.

I've got a white car and want the best shine I can get. I've ordered a can of CanCoat and a bottle of Prep after reading the good stuff on the forum. A mate has offered to give me a bottle of Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze which I think is suitable as a polish to use before the Prep and then CanCoat. Am I working along the right lines, or is there a better polish to use?

As background I have a 2 year old Perl White Honda Civic. The paint is in decent nick with very little swirling etc so I don't need to fill in any obvious imperfections. I'm looking at products purely for shine, protection, and the self cleaning properties. I've just bought a snow foamer and Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, and already wash with the 2BM and use a clay mit.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Blueberry
26-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Good choice in going for Can Coat[emoji106] with regards to #7 I personally think that it would be too oily for Can Coat to sit on top of. Also the Prep wipe down will remove the oils of #7 therefore reducing the looks that you were using it for. I would go for a pre sealant cleanser. What other polishes do you have?

I would recommend you get Cure too as it helps to prevent water spotting and it can be diluted 1:1 and used as a drying aid.

stupot42
26-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Good choice in going for Can Coat[emoji106] with regards to #7 I personally think that it would be too oily for Can Coat to sit on top of. Also the Prep wipe down will remove the oils of #7 therefore reducing the looks that you were using it for. I would go for a pre sealant cleanser. What other polishes do you have?

I would recommend you get Cure too as it helps to prevent water spotting and it can be diluted 1:1 and used as a drying aid.

Thanks for the reply and helpful info. It's a steep learning curve.

In terms of the #7, I was concerned that might be the case.

Only other polish I have is Autoglym SRP. I'll look into Cure. I did look at it, but wasn't sure where it sat in the cleaning process and if it was usable with CanCoat.

Any suggestions of a good pre sealant cleanser?

Gyeon Jeremy
26-11-2014, 09:28 AM
stupot42 - you're thinking of the right way to work, but Megs #7 is not the best choice. For the same preparation and coating you're willing to do, i'd go for this routine:

- wash
- start decon with a metallic contamination remover like Q2M Iron
- clay
- give the paintwork a light polish - i'd go for a light finishing paste, like Menzerna FF3000/SF4000 - they are available in 250ml packages
- wash the entire car with a strong degreasing agent, Fairy and hot water will be allright (nope, that's not a joke ;) )
- dry
- give it a wipe down with Q2M Prep
- apply CanCoat.

stupot42
27-11-2014, 12:23 PM
stupot42 - you're thinking of the right way to work, but Megs #7 is not the best choice. For the same preparation and coating you're willing to do, i'd go for this routine:

- wash
- start decon with a metallic contamination remover like Q2M Iron
- clay
- give the paintwork a light polish - i'd go for a light finishing paste, like Menzerna FF3000/SF4000 - they are available in 250ml packages
- wash the entire car with a strong degreasing agent, Fairy and hot water will be allright (nope, that's not a joke ;) )
- dry
- give it a wipe down with Q2M Prep
- apply CanCoat.

Thanks, Jeremy. Sounds like a good place to start.

You've shocked me with the fairy liquid... I thought not putting it anywhere near your car was a golden rule! I suppose they are there to be broken tho. ;)

kv1980
27-11-2014, 01:15 PM
I use Cure as a sealant. The paintwork doesn't really need correction. Is a polish really necessary to remove the layers of Cure or can I just use Prep and than CanCoat?
What I also like to know is how long can a can of CanCoat be stored unopened? In other words does the coating have a an expiry date?

Tks!

Gyeon Jeremy
27-11-2014, 02:10 PM
stupot42 - normally using a dishwashing liquid is a huge mistake, mostly if you use natural waxes to protect the car. Becouse of it's degreasing abilities, it dissoleves and affects the durability. On the other hand, it's degreasing abilities are crucial when it comes to proper surface preparation before coating. So, in this one particular case, you can brake your rule. :)

kv1980 - as above - give your car a strong degreasing wash, you can also use some APC, Prep it and apply CanCoat.

Regarding the so called shelf life - You can store it for a couple of months, but we reccomend to shake the can once a couple of weeks and spray for one second, just to keep the sprayhead intact. The liquid inside has no expiry date.

John.C
01-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Applied my can coat today , really impressed ... so easy to use

Also used it on everything , paint , glass and all trims etc , looks lovely on plastic trim . Cant wait to get it outside to have a proper look

Anyhow my question is can i use wolfs chemicals nano bathe and their nano detail spray with can coat ? , i have loads left so would be handy to use with can coat .

I do also have Gyeon bathe and cure too

cheers

stupot42
01-12-2014, 09:12 PM

Also used it on everything , paint , glass and all trims etc , looks lovely on plastic trim . Cant wait to get it outside to have a proper look

Anyhow my question is can i use wolfs chemicals nano bathe and their nano detail spray with can coat ? , i have loads left so would be handy to use with can coat .

cheers

I was wondering how well it would work on alloy wheels too... did you use it on yours and if so I'd love to hear your opinion, and yours Jeremy. I know Rim would be better, but I'm thinking I'll take the wheels off and do a thorough job in the spring. I was wondering if CanCoat would do the job until then.

Blueberry
01-12-2014, 10:24 PM

cheers

I would personally stick with using Bathe and Cure as they are designed as maintenance products for Gyeon coatings.

John.C
01-12-2014, 11:26 PM
I would personally stick with using Bathe and Cure as they are designed as maintenance products for Gyeon coatings.

Blueberry im sure your on commission from Gyeon lol .. Half the posts in the Gyeon section are from you [emoji2][emoji2]

I know bathe and cure will probably be best hence why I bought them [emoji106]

But I'm sure other Nano based products will work well

There is a long term test of cancoat on YouTube where they are washing the car with Wolfs Nanobathe .. Hence my thoughts

See what the Gyeon boys say [emoji2]

Blueberry
02-12-2014, 06:54 AM
Blueberry im sure your on commission from Gyeon lol .. Half the posts in the Gyeon section are from you [emoji2][emoji2]

I know bathe and cure will probably be best hence why I bought them [emoji106]

But I'm sure other Nano based products will work well

There is a long term test of cancoat on YouTube where they are washing the car with Wolfs Nanobathe .. Hence my thoughts

See what the Gyeon boys say [emoji2]

I speak from experience - surely that's the best kind of advice [emoji1]

I like to use products by the same manufacturer wherever possible for maintaining coatings.

When I had a Wolf's coating I used Wolf's. When I had Gtechniq coating I used Gtechniq. Same with Gyeon. Usually the manufacturers have gone to a lot of trouble to ensure that their products work well together - hence why I use them.

Gyeon Jeremy
02-12-2014, 09:05 AM
John.C - i dont know the chemical background for Wolf's products, so if you have our stuff, stick to using that, as it is proven and tested in nearly any conditions and works fine.

stupot42 - yes, you can use it on you rims. It won't have the durability of Q2 Rim, but still might surprise with how well it behaves in such a demanding envoirment like wheels.

Joee
02-12-2014, 10:51 AM
How long do you have to leave it before getting wet?

And when applying moh/moh+, rim, trim how long should you let to cure until putting can cost on?

-Jamie-
07-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Question, Just picked up some Cancoat and WetCoat.

Can WetCoat be used on this as a sort of sacrificial layer between washes over the winter?

MDC250
07-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Question, Just picked up some Cancoat and WetCoat.

Can WetCoat be used on this as a sort of sacrificial layer between washes over the winter?

Pretty sure I had a response in a previous thread along the lines of WetCoat is fine over any LSP. So the simple answer is yes, I'll dig a link out if I can find it.

MDC250
07-12-2014, 09:25 PM
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=337001

Joee
09-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Can this be used on glass?

Gyeon Jeremy
09-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Joee - if you need to, you can. Still, we don't recomend using the product on the windscreen. If you're looking for a durable, super-hydrophobic product for glass surfaces, give Q2 View a try.

psaiko
22-02-2015, 06:57 PM
How long do you have to leave it before getting wet?

And when applying moh/moh+, rim, trim how long should you let to cure until putting can cost on?

Interesting questions :-)

-Jamie-
22-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Does this need applied to bare paint?

Was hoping to get a layer or two of prima amigo until the weather clears for a proper correction but I dint know if the cancoat will be ok on top and I guess using prep will pull all the fillers out the amigo?

Focusaddict
22-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Any chance of a group buy?

Gyeon Jeremy
23-02-2015, 09:37 AM
CanCoat can be used as a topcoat over Prime, Mohs or Mohs+. In all cases the minimum time is about 4hours. Still, we suggest to wait a bit more, leaving the car over the night after coating and applying CanCoat is a good solution.
-Jamie- - no, you don't have to apply it on bare paint, but it's not meant to be applied on any pre-wax cleansers. The option you have is either apply it as a stand-alone coating (then you use it on bare paint, prepred with Q2M Prep) or as a topcoat (and in this case you apply it over Prime or Mohs).

-Jamie-
23-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Thanks Jeremy.

Looks like it will be left on the shelf for another couple months then