PDA

View Full Version : Q2 M Cure - difficult to wipe off

kalamazzoo
13-01-2015, 12:26 PM
I used Q2 M Cure for the first time (24 h after 3 layers of MOHS) and I found it very difficult to remove...leaving some streaks/smudges. No matter how I tried to remove it, I could not wipe it off to a clean immaculate gloss.

I also noticed a difference in colour:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn307/kalamazzoo/MOHS%20-%20Giulietta/P1125101.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/kalamazzoo/media/MOHS%20-%20Giulietta/P1125101.jpg.html)

Both behave the same way. Any thoughts on this?

Mike lambert
13-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I use just a small spray on the towell,wipe then wipe again with another towell.small areas at a time

Blueberry
13-01-2015, 08:00 PM
That does look noticeably different in colour in the photo. Did you shake the bottle well?

tommyzooom
13-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Cure should be white, like the bottle on the right.
Though it will separate if left.....shake well before use
The left bottle doesn't look right at all

dailly92
14-01-2015, 08:22 AM
I also found this when using cure. I tried various things. applying to the panel then buff, applying to the cloth then wipe on even when trying to use as little as possible.

I've since diluted it 50/50 with water and now it seems to be okay. a good shake before use and a very fine spritz seems to work OK.

Gyeon Jeremy
14-01-2015, 10:38 AM
kalamazzoo - don't mind the color difference - that's in the case of Cure nothing bad. We had one batch with a bit more fragrance additives inside, resulting in a slightly more yellow product. It's with no effect on the function and properties.

Regarding streaks or smudges:
- how did you apply the product?
- what was the temperature?
- did you spray directly on the paintwork or on a microfier?

Cure is a very durable spray-sealant/quartz coating conditioner. It's also a class regarding looks and has a strong darkening effect. That makes it a superb product (as it lasts at least a couple of weeks even on bare, uncoated paintwork), but has it's downsides when it comes to application. My suggestions are:

- spray always and only on a soft, rather thick microfiber insted of spraying directly on paint;
- use a very small amount of product;
- don't use it under 5'C
- provide enough light in your workspace, to see and wipe off all possible smudges immediatelly;
- work panel by panel and wipe untill full gloss without stepping forward.
What could also help, is to apply with one side of the fiber and wipe till gloss with the other, but that's a rule, that works for every QD out there.

If you find it way to hard to put as much effort in application, you can dillute it 1:1 just like dailly92 did.

Cure can be also used on wet paint - that's the point, where you can apply directly on paintwork, but sill - work panel by panel.

Blueberry
14-01-2015, 10:59 AM
I've used it pure and diluted 1:1 on a dry car and wet car. Didn't have any problems either way but using it on a wet panel is easier.

kalamazzoo
14-01-2015, 11:31 AM
kalamazzoo - don't mind the color difference - that's in the case of Cure nothing bad. We had one batch with a bit more fragrance additives inside, resulting in a slightly more yellow product. It's with no effect on the function and properties.

Regarding streaks or smudges:
- how did you apply the product?
- what was the temperature?
- did you spray directly on the paintwork or on a microfier?

Cure is a very durable spray-sealant/quartz coating conditioner. It's also a class regarding looks and has a strong darkening effect. That makes it a superb product (as it lasts at least a couple of weeks even on bare, uncoated paintwork), but has it's downsides when it comes to application. My suggestions are:

- spray always and only on a soft, rather thick microfiber insted of spraying directly on paint;
- use a very small amount of product;
- don't use it under 5'C
- provide enough light in your workspace, to see and wipe off all possible smudges immediatelly;
- work panel by panel and wipe untill full gloss without stepping forward.
What could also help, is to apply with one side of the fiber and wipe till gloss with the other, but that's a rule, that works for every QD out there.

If you find it way to hard to put as much effort in application, you can dillute it 1:1 just like dailly92 did.

Cure can be also used on wet paint - that's the point, where you can apply directly on paintwork, but sill - work panel by panel.

Thank you for your kind suggestions!
As a matter of fact, I applied the product under cold conditions...the garage was very cold, probably 5-7 C. The space was well lit, which allowed me to see the infamous streaks. I sprayed it directly on MF, applied it and removed it with a different side, even 2 new different MF, but to no avail. I'll check if dilluting the product solves the problem for now (under cold temperatures).

Regarding the colour, I emailed Gyeon and I got a swift reply!

"Different colour one of Q2M Cure is caused by fragrance addition, but no worries, the quality of product remain the same. "

Thanks again for your advice, I appreciate it :thumb:

kalamazzoo
14-01-2015, 11:38 AM
That does look noticeably different in colour in the photo. Did you shake the bottle well?

Yup! The difference is astonishing...

Superspec
30-01-2015, 08:53 PM
If you are getting streaks you are using too much and not buffing it off quickly enough. Try smaller areas and be very tight with what you put on. Applying to a microfiber directly can be easier. If you do get streaks reapply cure and they'll buff out.

I can't stress enough you only need the tiniest amount of product on a small area when using it. It looks lively though and is well worth the effort.

Gyeon Jeremy
01-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Yep, that's exactly as it works. My advice is always: use at least 5 times less product, than you think you should - that will be the proper amount ;)

kula
11-07-2015, 08:12 AM
I have a problem with Cure.
I MOHs'd my car and that all went well, and left it over night, then the next day went to apply Cure as per instructions. I tried to use as little as possible, it was a cool afternoon, and it ended up leaving some pretty visible smears over my roof and bonnet.

It's a little difficult to photograph but here you go:

http://www.markpakula.com/cars/3/curesmear.jpg

Any idea how to fix it?
Ideally I'd like to remove this and not the Mohs coating.
Washing does nothing, tried a quick dab of AutoGlym super resin polish and that did nothing too.

Blueberry
11-07-2015, 10:55 AM
I tend to use Cure diluted 1:1 but the odd times I have used it neat I've not experienced any problems. Have you tried washing the car then using diluted Cure to remove the marks?

Superspec
12-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Any idea how to fix it?
Ideally I'd like to remove this and not the Mohs coating.
Washing does nothing, tried a quick dab of AutoGlym super resin polish and that did nothing too.

A paint cleaner - Lime Prime for example - on a trifoam will get the smearing off without affecting the MOHS/MOHS+ coating.

I always recommend applying cure on to a freshly washed car after rinsing but before drying. You need to use it very sparingly and buff it well. Don't do it in direct sunlight under any circumstance, ideally you want to be doing it late evening.

Hope that helps.

Berylburton
12-07-2015, 04:51 PM
I have used Cure many times and never had a problem. I use it roughly 3part cure to 2 parts water and spray on a microfibre.

Gyeon Jeremy
14-07-2015, 06:26 PM
kula - it's an answer i've given sevral times in e-mails. Cure has very strong darkening abilities. In this case, as far as i recognize correctly whats on the picture, Cure isn't the issue. It has just brought to light a problem with an uneven layer of Mohs.
We always underline how important it is to apply in a very, very precise way and wipe off very soon.
My advice:
- wash the panel with a rather strong dilution of a degreasing agent,
- dry the surface,
- give it a wipe with Prep.

if that doesn;t solve the problem, using a light polish on a DA mashine might be necessary.