PDA

View Full Version : Using Wetcoat, Q2M Prep before or after?

Shemy
27-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Once I wash the car, should I use wetcoat then prep or vice versa. As I then have cancoat to apply...

S

jamiepollock643
27-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Use prep after all your washing, decon, claying, drying etc. Prep is used to as the name suggests to prep the bodywork for gyeon sealants. You use Cancoat after prep. Apply it and I would personally use cure 12-24 hours after applying can coat. Use wet coat in your next wash routine or down the line to extend the life of can coat.

so -
1. Prep
2. Can Coat
3. Cure (personally)
4. Wetcoat (next wash or a few down the line)

Shemy
27-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Cheers Jamie.

Wasn't sure if I was wasting my time using prep when it was dry then to use wetcoat as I needed to wet then to dry again ...

You've clarified it by telling me to use wetcoat next time, thanks!

Blueberry
27-07-2015, 04:24 PM
You shouldn't really need to use Wet Coat until at least a couple of months down the line. Wash with Bathe or better still Bathe +, and + will give you some top up protection as it contains coating properties. Or when you wash the car in the future, after the final rinse, use diluted Cure 1:1 as a drying aid and it will give you more protection.

jamiepollock643
29-07-2015, 12:28 AM
Exactly as blueberry says. You don't "need" to use wet coat for a while, only if you really want to add even more protection however this won't really be required for at least a few washes after application. As said, bathe+ is the best shampoo to use and top ups of cure also keep the protection at its best.