PDA

View Full Version : Gyeon CanCoat Application

Swarly
13-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Hi,

i'm planning to do my winter detail tomorrow. Decontaminate the car and then move inside for a light polish and protection.

I already own cancoat v3 which I've used before on my other half's car with good results however, I just want to confirm the recommend application method for cancoat in regards to layering and cure times to ensure i get the best protection from the product, as I've not been able to finds this information. I'm planning on two layers of Cancoat topped with Gyeon Cure.

so...

How long is recommended between the layers of Cancoat? (i think i left 1 hour when i use it previously)

How long is recommended before topping Cancoat with Cure?

Cheers.

SystemClenz
13-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Firstly id check it still sprays as I also have v3 and it no longer sprays and has over half the contents left!

Not sure if this is what GYEON recommend but I have used this on my current van and went round 3 times, so each coating had around a 10 minute cure time, worked very well and 12 weeks later the beading is still very good.

Swarly
13-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Yes, I gave the can a quick blast last night and it seemed OK. I've got my trusty tin of FK1000p on standby though.

Depending on time i may go for a 3rd layer for added durability, especially if i don't have to wait around between layers. I might then apply cure the next day.

If anyone else has used cancoat as their main protection then would be good to hear how you've applied it.

mikethefish
13-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Go to the Polished Bliss website and read their How To Use info !!!!! Say no more !!!!!

Gleammachine
13-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Allow an hour between coats.

Blueberry
13-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Leave an hour between Can Coat coats and I leave it to cure overnight in the garage. Then the following day I add a coat of Cure. I use this process everytime I use Can Coat.

My V3 can blocked but I poked the aerosol nozzle and applied some pressure by pushing it against the wall of the house. This cleared it and was fine thereafter.

pawlik
20-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Hi,

i'm planning to do my winter detail tomorrow. Decontaminate the car and then move inside for a light polish and protection.

I already own cancoat v3 which I've used before on my other half's car with good results however, I just want to confirm the recommend application method for cancoat in regards to layering and cure times to ensure i get the best protection from the product, as I've not been able to finds this information. I'm planning on two layers of Cancoat topped with Gyeon Cure.

so...

How long is recommended between the layers of Cancoat? (i think i left 1 hour when i use it previously)

How long is recommended before topping Cancoat with Cure?

Cheers.

For CanCoat I use this set: http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-applicator-set.html

Spray directly onto suede and apply on small sections, buff off immediately. This is the not the fastest way to apply product but You get a thicker layer and less consumption . Repeat application after minimum 1.5-2 h. After 10-12h You can apply Cure. Hope it helps:thumb:

pawlik
20-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Firstly id check it still sprays as I also have v3 and it no longer sprays and has over half the contents left!

Not sure if this is what GYEON recommend but I have used this on my current van and went round 3 times, so each coating had around a 10 minute cure time, worked very well and 12 weeks later the beading is still very good.

Good for You... I have more than 95% in the can and no chance to get it out from the can.:(

O`Neil
21-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Good for You... I have more than 95% in the can and no chance to get it out from the can.:(

Similar here, maybe I`ve got about 30% of the product out of the can and that was a task in itself.

Crapcoat I call it.