PDA

View Full Version : Gyeon Q2 Booster

Jonnny D
29-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Hi folks,

I just have a quick question around booster. I originally purchased Carpro cquartz and wanted to put booster over it. Would this be fine and would I need to use a maintenance product such as wet coat?

Also how long do I need to leave cquartz to cure before applying booster?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sim
29-07-2016, 05:24 PM
I think you should be fine mate. Reading the details at PB they suggest it's any coating:

GYEON Q2 BOOSTER is a state of the art topcoat that significantly enhances the hydrophobicity and self-cleaning properties of all SiO2-based paint protection coatings for up to twelve months at a time

And you should apply an hour after the coating:
For best results, it should be applied to a brand new quartz coating shortly after it has dried fully (i.e. at least 1 hour after the last layer of the coating was applied and buffed off). However, GYEON Q2 BOOSTER may also be applied to existing coatings, as long as they are less than six weeks old and contaminant-free.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2-booster.html

Jonnny D
29-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Perfect, thanks Simon[emoji1303]

Berylburton
29-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Hi folks,

I just have a quick question around booster. I originally purchased Carpro cquartz and wanted to put booster over it. Would this be fine and would I need to use a maintenance product such as wet coat?

Also how long do I need to leave cquartz to cure before applying booster?

Thanks.

I did exactly this. I used Booster about 2-3 hours after a second coat of CQUK. It was not only simple to use, but the water behaviour is just amazing

Jonnny D
29-07-2016, 07:03 PM
I did exactly this. I used Booster about 2-3 hours after a second coat of CQUK. It was not only simple to use, but the water behaviour is just amazing

That's great, thanks - how long have u had it on - are the gloss levels still good or do u have to top it with anything?

Berylburton
29-07-2016, 09:06 PM
That's great, thanks - how long have u had it on - are the gloss levels still good or do u have to top it with anything?

Gloss is fabulous. I use this combo n March this year. I sometimes use Gyeon Cure as a drying aid. But that is more OCD than a requirement.

Gyeon Jeremy
01-08-2016, 06:03 PM
nothing to add there:) Great advise Guys!

moorfan
28-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Friends, an additional question in this thread:
Does Cure need to be used on top of a fresh coating of Booster, like with the other quartz coatings? Or does Booster perform the same function that Cure would on a fresh application of Q2 Mohs?

Thanks!

Gyeon Jeremy
29-05-2017, 12:32 PM
In case of Booster - nope. On any other coating - yes. Booster is unlike any other quartz coating or quartz based sealant.
If a fluorine-based top coat and reacts with the base coat of your choice, giving much more hydrophobicity by changing surface tensions and the contact angle.

moorfan
30-05-2017, 03:30 PM
In case of Booster - nope. On any other coating - yes. Booster is unlike any other quartz coating or quartz based sealant.
If a fluorine-based top coat and reacts with the base coat of your choice, giving much more hydrophobicity by changing surface tensions and the contact angle.

Jeremy, a bit of followup. Using booster was quite easy; flashed over almost immediately and there was virtually nothing to mop up with the microfiber afterwards. Unlike the other flourinated topcoats on the market (such as ExoV2), this is a "trust" product. Because it flashes so quickly you must 1. Trust that it is there, and 2. Trust that you covered all areas. This is fine, except with only 30 ml in the bottle I ran out far before I had covered all of my 2017 Audi Allroad wagon. Might be nice to suggest to the higher ups at Gyeon to sell this in a 50ml bottle size, like they do with Q2 Mohs.
Thanks!