PDA

View Full Version : Coatings and waterspots

rmfalmeida
06-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Hell!
I recently had the pleasure try CanCoat

The car has been properly washed, decontaminated, polished, Gyeon Prep, etc ... The application of Cancoat was undoubtedly quite easy. The finish and brightness and fantastic!
The only thing that has been bugging is how easy the car is spotted with
I applied Cure during the curing process, which supposedly minimize the problems, but it does not. Two weeks later, I returned to wash the car (Bathe +) and went back to put some Cure, but the problem persists.
Even with water from wiper blades (only use distilled water, no detergent) are some marks on the car bonnet when dry (which even are sometimes difficult to remove)

Is this normal ?

Thank you all

Blueberry
06-09-2016, 09:40 PM
I've never had a problem with water spots when I've used CanCoat. I tend to apply Cure the following day leaving a good 12 hours after applying CanCoat, for it to cure properly.

rmfalmeida
06-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Its very strange. Every drop of water turns into a waterspot :/

Gyeon Jeremy
08-09-2016, 06:16 PM
In what conditions and where did you apply CanCoat? How long did the car stay in the garage before you started using in normally?

rmfalmeida
10-09-2016, 01:21 AM
It was in my garage. First coat, 4h later second coat, 10h later cure. The car only was driven 4 days later. 30 to 40 Celsius degrees in this days.

Gyeon Jeremy
13-09-2016, 03:21 PM
The only thing that might have happened if you kept all the procedures is highly contaminated rainfall, that caused the spots and would probably cause a problem on a non-coated surface too.
CanCoat has a minor tendency for waterspots and is in this case one of the safest products you might find among quartz coatings.

rmfalmeida
16-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Jeremy, many thanks! probably was the case, next weekend, i will strip the car and do the full process again.

Regards!