Detailing World Forum banner

Detailingworld™ Review - Carchem Glass Cleaner

14K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Pittsy 
#1 ·
Detailingworld™ Review - Carchem Glass Cleaner

Posted on behalf of Storm2284

Introduction:
Carchem is a company well known to the members of DW For more information on the Carchem Brand have a look here:www.car-chem.com
In this instance we have the glass cleaner under the spotlight, up until now the glass cleaner from under the cupboard in the kitchen is all I've used (WHEN it got used!)

The Product:
Firstly let me say how nice the packaging is, very simple and sleek and being clear lets you easily see the amount of product left in the bottle, it's supplied with trigger and once setup is an easy feel in the hand, nicely balanced in a full bottle and an easily adjustable spray.

What they say:

Car-Chem Glass Cleaner 500ml - LC 112

Advanced formula in Glass Cleaner, this cleaner cuts through dirt and grime. Easy to use, spray on and wipe off. Versatile, cleans windows, mirrors, plastic, vinyl and most other hard surfaces. Abrasive free, does not mark rubber or leave dust. Rapid evaporation, even in damp conditions. Non-silicone, safe for use in bodyshops. Environmentally friendly, biodegradable and phosphate free.

Directions Spray lightly over the surface Wipe immediately with a clean, lint-free cloth or paper towel For small areas spray directly onto cloth

The Method:

I thought getting photos of the filthy windows on my car would be easy, sadly this was simply not the case today, fortunately we have a glass roof on the 206 so what could make for a better test subject?

Even the roof was not easy for photos today so apologies for the quality! the car was washed outdoors and was alittle windy so dried in the wind rather than by me leaving a not to nice finish, just to add I don't think I've ever properly cleaned any of the glass here, cetainly not the roof, inside or out!

to start with a quick spray over ( I made a critical mistake here and sprayed too much, a little goes a long way!)

and wiped well across the area and buffed, it was effective and dried quickly when not oversprayed.

A quick side by side on the outside of the roof, minimal effort maximum effect, even taking the little 'stained' areas with ease, harder to clean areas just took a little more pressure.

First pass of an old stain

A bit of scrubbing i.e. 2 more wipes with a little more pressure.

Then onto the inside.

We both vape, this can and does leave residue on the glass and in 4 years of owning this car I may have cleaned the ceiling once... the week I got the car! As you can probably imagine it was not a pretty sight!
again photos not brilliant sorry

A similar story to outside, a quick spray and buff over, even for this practically untouched glass grime came away easily

Price:

£5.95 for a 500 ml bottle and also available in 1 litre, 5 litres, 20 litres, 200 litres and 1000 litres

http://car-chem.com/store/car-care-e...-cleaner-500ml

Would I use it again?:

In all honesty I first thought all glass cleaners were the same, how wrong I was! A very quick and simple yes, quick to use, super concentrated and did exactly what it said on the tin, where's to go wrong with it.

Conclusion:

In using this product at this stage of my journey I have learned not all glass cleaners are the same. It is very easy to use lashings when a light mist is all that's required and actually far more effective.
I like the fact this company uses almost totally clear bottles, the product is easy to spot out in my cleaning box and no shaking of bottle or guesswork to see how much is left, it certainly is a product that is pleasing on the eye too.

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.