Detailing World Forum banner

Detailingworld™ Review – Wolf’s Chemicals Sky Clear Glass Cleaner

14K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Hereisphilly 
#1 ·
Detailingworld™ Review - Wolf's Chemicals Sky Clear Glass Cleaner
Introduction
Thanks to Tamas at Wolf's Chemicals for sending in this bottle of Sky Clear Glass Cleaner in for review.
I've never used a product from Wolf's before, but heard good things about other products they sell, including their white satin shampoo.
They are a Hungarian based company and have a very expansive range of products, which can be checked out on their website at http://wolfs-chemicals.com

The Product
The product is supplied in a short & squat black bottle complete with what is actually quite a high-quality trigger sprayer. I personally think the colour scheme and branding looks pretty sleek and is very distinctive when sat on the shelf

The Manufacturer says:
Sky Clear is a high-impact glass cleaning product, which quickly and easily can be cleaned the glass and transparent plastic (acrylic and carbone) surfaces. Ensures perfectly clean, stain and haze-free surface. Can be used for exterior and interior surfaces.
Spray the Glass Cleaner to the surface to be cleaned. Spread it with microfibre cloth and wipe it clean. Repeated spraying will not cause strip or streaks behind, so if necessary you can repeat cleaning several times.

The Method
The car was washed with the usual 2BM and then dried using my normal drying towels. The windows were clean but as usual without using glass cleaner, the odd watermark and streaks could be seen in different angles of the sun
Spraying the product onto the glass, the consistency was very different to what I normally experience with a glass cleaner. There was a lot of little bubbles in the liquid and it looked quite oily initially, almost as if I had sprayed APC onto the glass

Spreading this across the glass, it was obvious that this was something different, as it feels very lubricated under the cloth and has an extremely long work time. No grabbing here at all, which is something I like, as a grabby product can be a pain to work with

Continuously working the product over the window for 5 seconds or so mean that it started to slowly flash off, and the bubbles had all gone

A couple more seconds and the whole of the product had flashed off leaving behind a completely streak free window, it was quite interesting to see it flash off before my eyes and not leaving a trace

Due to light angles its extremely difficult to capture glass well on the camera, but there were no streaks left behind

Price
A 500ml bottle costs €7.20 direct from Wolf's website, which can be found at
http://wolfs-chemicals.com/shop/glass_cleaner_500ml

Would I use it again?
Yes, this product feels very different in use to other glass cleaners I've used, but it performs very well and the results speak for themselves

Conclusion
This is a very uniquely performing product, and one that initially looks like it isn't going to work very well because the consistency and appearance once sprayed onto the glass.
It's apparent however that this is intentional and the end results are very good, leaving behind a streak free finish that is easy to attain.
I have a feeling that due to the long work time, this product won't be fussy about the type of glass cloth used either, as there is zero grab during use

The only problem I have is with availability. At the time of writing this review, Wolf's website wasn't working correctly, and as such I couldn't get a postage cost for delivery to the UK.

All the UK based resellers referenced on Wolf's distributors page do not even list Sky Clear, so at the moment this product isn't technically available in the UK.

This is a shame as its very well priced in the market, and with the clear performance of the product they could be on to a winning result!

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.