Detailing World Forum banner

Detailingworld™ Lite Review - Car-Chem De-Icer

15K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cossiecol 
#1 · (Edited)
Firstly thanks goes to team at Car-Chem for supplying the deicer to test and review.

About Car Them:
"Car-Chem Ltd have an extensive range of the highest quality car care products on the market, whether it is for interior freshness or exterior shine, Car-Chem know that attention to detail is of the most importance, here at Car-Chem we will strive to make sure you and your car have our upmost attention with our extensive car treatment product range which will guarantee your car looks back to its show room shine.

Unlike many car care companies we formulate and manufacture everything ourselves, we feel this gives us an advantage over our competitors as we have the facility and machinery to achieve consistency, quality and versatility.
Along with offering top of the range products we also strive to make sure you get the following services."

The Product:
As usual for Car-Chem the deicer (along with another product which will be reviewed shortly) arrived very well packed and in good quality bottles.

Now my first question on this de-icer was probably along the lines of what you're thinking..."what sets this apart from a generic supermarket brand costing circa £2.99 (for 600ml)? "
Luckily Car-Chem were happy to break it down for me in very unscientific terms,

"Supermarket ones tend to contain a high amount of water, some we tested upto 95% water, ours contains very little water, that making it more efficient, our contains mostly alcohols that will break down the ice fast, + with it being a alcohol its fast at evaporating, so causing less contact time with glass and bodywork LSP making it safer.

In a very small nut shell."

What Car-Chem Say?
"The De-Icer has a fast acting formula, which quickly clears frost from your car's windows. It is effective at temperatures down to -20C and helps to prevent re-freezing. The easy to use spray trigger allows you to spray the formula exactly where you want it to go.

1000ml spray trigger for easy use
Melts ice fast, preventing re-freezing
Fast acting formula, no waiting around
Remove frost from all types of glass efficiently.
Ultimate protection down to -20°C.
Quick acting, leaves no smear.
Size: 1000ml trigger."

The Use:
Over the past few weeks there has been differing levels of ice build up on the car, I tested the de-icer on light, medium and heavy for this review.

As everyone is probably familiar with the process of spraying de-icer on to a car's windscreen I'm not going to break it down, suffice to say that I selected the "spray" option rather than the "stream" for all the tests.

I also opted to try and keep the same format across the tests, i.e. two sprays on the glass and at the same distance to gauge the performance without emptying the bottle onto the windscreen as it sometimes the case with regular de-icers.

On light icing:

Before

After one spray:

Medium icing:

Before

After two sprays:

On heavy icing:

Before:

After two sprays (note the de-frosted part is actually my dash cam, which I left on over night):

As you can see the de-icer performed well with minimum sprays on the light and medium icing, however it had some issues on the heavy icing, granted that it did start to clear the ice however more sprays would have been/were required.

Price:
The de-icer is priced at £8.99 (prior to discounts and P&P) for 1 ltr and available from Car-Chem

Would I use this again?
Yes (with a but).....Yes I would use this again but I would need to remember that you can use this sparingly for all but the heavy ice.

Cossie's verdict?:
A quality product which is worth the additional outlay when compared to the supermarket one I compared it with. Also it doesn't take up much room when storing.

Anything I would change?:
There's nothing product related that I would change.

Thanks for reading, as usual if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Cossiecol

"DW has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.