Detailing World Forum banner

Detailingworld™ Lite Review - Car-Chem Glass Sealant

19K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cossiecol 
#1 · (Edited)
Firstly thanks goes to team at Car-Chem for supplying the glass sealant to test and review, and my apologies it's taken longer than expect to publish.

About Car Them:
"Car-Chem Ltd have an extensive range of the highest quality car care products on the market, whether it is for interior freshness or exterior shine, Car-Chem know that attention to detail is of the most importance, here at Car-Chem we will strive to make sure you and your car have our upmost attention with our extensive car treatment product range which will guarantee your car looks back to its show room shine.

Unlike many car care companies we formulate and manufacture everything ourselves, we feel this gives us an advantage over our competitors as we have the facility and machinery to achieve consistency, quality and versatility.
Along with offering top of the range products we also strive to make sure you get the following services."

The Product:
The glass sealant arrived well packed, in an good quality bottle and with clear instructions on the bottle.

What Car-Chem Say?

"NEW! CarChem Ultra Glass Sealant V2 **100ml Bottle**

The New CarChem Ultra Glass Sealant V2 creates a hydrophobic surface coating on all your automotive glass which actively repels water giving you better visibility in the rain. Whilst driving in rain you'll notice an improved vision enhancing road safety for everyone in the vehicle.

This new v2 glass sealant from CarChem creates a crystal clear surface coating that bonds to your glass making it easy to clean, reducing contamination, dirt, insects and environmental fallout from adhering to the treated glass surfaces. The hydrophobic effect is extremely evident during rain and your vehicles routine weekly wash, water can be seen beading off even a static vehicle but is enhanced while driving with the wind speeds taken into account

The durability of our New Glass Sealant is outstanding with at least 3 months on the front windscreen during winter months and up to 6 months in on the side and rear windows. This is greatly improved during the summer months of up to 6 months to the front screen.

100ml bottle will treat at least 3 cars twice a year."

The Use:
As this is not a glass cleaning review I will simply stick to the application of the product and the performance. That said prior to the application the glass was cleaned (including bladed)

After cleaning the glass I applied a few sprays to the lint free applicator (generic brand) and started applying the sealant to the windscreen in circular motions to ensure that all the glass was covered.

After circa 10 minutes it was ready for the excess to be removed

The removal of the sealant was a breeze, and I followed this up (as usual for me) by giving the windscreen a very light spray with the glass cleaner and a wipe down to ensure I had removed anything I had missed.

As expected this left a streak free finished on the glass.

The performance of the sealant was right up there, the water started to roll of the windscreen at 30mph and flew off at normal driving speed. I had planned to put a video up of the sealant in action whilst driving, however unfortunately my dashcam sd card became corrupt so I ending up filming the actual performance in my drive with my phone and a bottle of water.

This was taken circa 2 weeks after application:

Price:
Available from CarChem
100ml - £6.99 (prior to shipping and any discounts available)

Given how little is needed this (to me) represents good value for money.

Would I use this again?
Absolutely.

Cossie's verdict?:
A really good glass sealant which won't break the bank, pretty much hits all the points for me and is well worth considering for the next glass sealant if/when you're in the market for one.

Anything I would change?:
Might be nice to have a few applicators included with the product (if it's not included with the customer ones)

Thanks for reading, as usual if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Cossiecol

"DW has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

See less See more
1 4
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.