PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler Dealers

Neil_S
25-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Just watching this on Discovery real time, good programme but why is Mike Brewer such a nob?

I keep shouting at the TV, it'd look even better if you'd stop sitting on the car or putting your foot on the bumper Mike!

I also like the way that they only make a few hundred quid profit after about 1000 hours labour per car from the mechanic :lol:

Very addictive TV though, just saw an MX5 get sold to a dozy bint, has it got an electric roof she asks? At that point I would have shouted "no sale" and jumped in the car and sped away :thumb:

P.M.V.Gavin
25-12-2007, 01:09 PM
lol did you see when he preped the bumper on the ls 400 he didnt even wash it first lol

V8burble
25-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Good old Edd China
Mike Brewer the real car salesman ;)

Fun to watch though

paddy328
25-12-2007, 01:14 PM
its mostly fake. A guy i know went there and he was suposedly having trouble selling his subaru legacy. Thing is, he's never owned one and they just gave it to him and said go along with it.

NN1
25-12-2007, 02:18 PM
i watch it now and again, i dont really like the guy but i still watch it. thats the kind of guy he is....

Detail My Ride
25-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Great programme. Ed knows what he is doing, on the other programme he does with mike 'Auto Trader', he recommends not using a sponge as it can scratch the paintwork! :thumb:

i want an aero
25-12-2007, 04:00 PM
i used to enjoy watching it for the useful infomation, not the presenters

Ben H
25-12-2007, 04:27 PM
i love it but it gives me ideas!! - nearly bought an old 924 the other week but came to my senses. They did up a golf gti mk1 and it was a shed to start with and a shed when they'd finished - visible rust everywhere, remeber Ed jacking it up and the arches were rusty as hell under the kit and he never even looked at those! good tv tho!

scooby73
25-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Always enjoy watching it with my favourites been the Intergrale, 205 GTI and the MK1 Golf GTI.

But as people have already said, i reckon it's a set up.

Multipla Mick
25-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Haven't seen/can't get that programme, but have seen enough of Mike Brewer on other telly programmes to realise he is an annoying t1t at the best of times...

paddy328
25-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Great programme. Ed knows what he is doing, on the other programme he does with mike 'Auto Trader', he recommends not using a sponge as it can scratch the paintwork! :thumb:

And what do you use to wash cars gaz? A sponge maybe?

1000lakes
25-12-2007, 06:18 PM
I also like the way that they only make a few hundred quid profit after about 1000 hours labour per car from the mechanic :lol:

It's quite funny. :) Swapping parts that won't make a real difference in selling the car, for example performance airfilters?? :rolleyes:
Which actually result in power losses compared to oem setup in most cars.

timprice
25-12-2007, 06:20 PM
i loved the one where Ed did up the VW Transporter.

It suddenly turned out that Ed wanted to buy it! it was a shed, and they did it on the cheap with some crappy vinyl instead of a respray.

one scrape on that and that's it, vinyl gone!

zaphod
25-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I have the WD DVD concerning the classic Saab 900. Quite an informative piece, IMHO, with right and proper correct information, too. I have met the guest concerned, and in the video, the top car featured is his. The vehicle they bring up to scratch is sold on supposedly to a member of the public (who is actually said guest's wife ;) ! ).

Mattieuk
25-12-2007, 06:36 PM
When the show did the 928 (iirc) restoration. They px'd some BBS split rims which was on the car for some bit ands bobs from the scrappy's.

Brewer got 50 for the set against what he bought......He then turns to the camera and boasts what a deal that was:lol:

k@tbloke
25-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Bodgers

timprice
25-12-2007, 06:51 PM
i guess it depends what your standards are.

on the telly the cars they churn out look relatively respectable.

i bet close up they are still wrecks.

in Ed's defence though, they did a Toyota MR2 a while back. that looked quite peachy in the end. was a pinky matt colour to start with. he machine polished it and i was pretty impressed by it.

I also hate the way mike says "Ed you haven't done anything" on some of the shows, when he's been slaving for hours under a lift with a small torch and a socket set.

Mattieuk
25-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Who the other chap on Discovery who built a helicopter, a 4x4 and a caterham type car amongst other projects.

He is good to watch:)

timprice
25-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Who the other chap on Discovery who built a helicopter, a 4x4 and a caterham type car amongst other projects.

Mark Evans you mean?

He is fantastic. i love watching his shows. am actually considering building an AC Cobra sometime soon after watching him build his. such a lovely car!

neilos
25-12-2007, 08:15 PM

The helicopter one was very good. He built that not far from me down near Stansted airport.

k@tbloke
25-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Mark Evans is a man who restores things proffesionally and has done some great vehicles

chr15barn3s
25-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I was watching it earlier. I wanted to see the Merc Cosworth one but had to turn it off grrrr

mba
25-12-2007, 08:41 PM
its mostly fake. A guy i know went there and he was suposedly having trouble selling his subaru legacy. Thing is, he's never owned one and they just gave it to him and said go along with it.

I saw that episode - i did think at the time the guy didnt 'look' like you typical legacy driver

PLUS

The car only needed a clean :detailer:, the dirt had obviously just been laid on it

timprice
25-12-2007, 08:54 PM
if i remember rightly Ed resprayed the towbar and as you say, just gave it a clean.

yeah like you'd sell a car that was caked in mud!

Mouse
25-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Watch Wheeler Dealers all the time

Bigpikle
25-12-2007, 09:57 PM
I have enjoyed some of the shows but too repetitive now...

Saw them both doing it live at the NEC Classic Car show and it was very annoying. Mike came across as a right tw&t....

Neil_S
26-12-2007, 10:27 AM
I have enjoyed some of the shows but too repetitive now...

Saw them both doing it live at the NEC Classic Car show and it was very annoying. Mike came across as a right tw&t....

I couldn't stand near that stage for longer than a minute without wanting to gag Mr Brewer, I'm sure he's a decent chap but he just comes across wrong.

marbellapinky
26-12-2007, 11:01 AM
i loved the one where Ed did up the VW Transporter.

It suddenly turned out that Ed wanted to buy it! it was a shed, and they did it on the cheap with some crappy vinyl instead of a respray.

one scrape on that and that's it, vinyl gone!

That one made me laugh, mike bought it off a 'mate' called simon.....simon is real (i was mates with him).....but he never owned the vw to my knowledge, and didnt know mike.................all very fake