Detailing World Forum banner

The Beeste has landed!

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Johnnyopolis 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody! The Beeste is now in Bahrain and very happy too. Just filled up the hire car for the first time and it came to BD 3.6 which is less than £5.00. Wicked! Sand and dust everywhere so a detailer's nightmare so holding off on a car purchase at this time. Although have made an offer on this little beauty

http://www.bahrainautoservices.com/cardetail.asp?carid=2582

Ramadan now though so no drinking alcohol :( (tee hee)

Currently stealing next door's wireless until mine gets installed. But hope to get back here a few times to check in and see how eveyone is.

#7 ·
Hey Hi Alan! Great to hear from you. Yep - a fresh start to life and it feels great! I can't remember feeling this happy and the stress is all good and manageable. Now I really need to deal with mid life crisis once and for all and that stang might just be what the doctor ordered lol. Still waiting to hear whether they have accepted my offer but to be honest it doesn't matter as I am a patient man :) Hope you are well!

#10 ·
We need an Expats section of the forum for us International globetrotters lol.

Glad to see it's going well and Tara and I may take you up on that offer if your still there in about 4/5 years as we'll be making a trip back to the real world from Middle Earth then.

And if you ever want to send any of that cheap petrol over your more than welcome :thumb::thumb:

Hows the family liking it?

As a side comment I once pulled a girl from Bahrain and she had the softest hair and insisted on paying for everything with £50 notes :rolleyes:

#12 ·
We need an Expats section of the forum for us International globetrotters lol.

Glad to see it's going well and Tara and I may take you up on that offer if your still there in about 4/5 years as we'll be making a trip back to the real world from Middle Earth then.

And if you ever want to send any of that cheap petrol over your more than welcome :thumb::thumb:

Hows the family liking it?

As a side comment I once pulled a girl from Bahrain and she had the softest hair and insisted on paying for everything with £50 notes :rolleyes:
An expat section - lol. Too right Alex :thumb: lol. Now about this Bahraini girl - you naughty boy. :p Her surname wasn't Alkhalifa was it? (that's the royal family).

Brian that car is mean! I went out to the Shelby factory in Las Vegas in May, awesome!
Yo Neil! I know it even has the Shelby stickers on it. Did you get any pics of the Shelby garage?

There's just loads of great cars out here going cheap. I haven't heard whether the garage has accepted my offer but if not then I'm not that bothered as there are loads of other cars. Have to say though I have set my heart on this one. I just LOVE those side exit zorsts! And Gone in 60 Seconds is one of my all time fave films!

#15 ·
Loving those pics Neil! Thanks for that.
I got really really really bored with ebay - it takes SO long to put a good auction together. I gave up and either gave it to charity or skipped almost everything in the end. It was great though I was left with just 2 suitcases of stuff to take in the end! I sold my 64 Fender amp to Alex Turner so you never know you might see it on tele soon!Mind you Lok 'n Store took a beating from the wife's shoes/clothes/general girly stuff :(

Now about these here Mustangs. I hear they're crap at going round corners but to be honest at my age going round corners takes a long time anyway :) I ain't the whippersnapper I once was but I can sure hang on to a tail slide :) Saw a very nice Chevrolet Luminar SS today (think Monaro) so still umming and ahhing about what to get. Need to make up my mind soon. That stang is a manual which is why it it's not selling - they ONLY drive autos out here (lazy bums)......so let's see if i can't get a deal :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.