Detailing World Forum banner

New York Detailers???

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dillon733 
#1 ·
I understand that their are not many members on this forum from the US (specifically NY) but, i was wonmdering if any of you knew of a good detailer in the New York area (specifically long island). I always heard detailing dynamics was excellent. HOWEVER... i went their today to get a price and the owner Matt was the one who looked over my car. He told me exactly what they would do step by step and it was just disasterous. My car is brand new and has only minor defects. He wanted to strip the surface of all wax and sealents with RUBBING ALCHOHOL!!!:wall: if this wasnt bad enough he said that the wax they would use to finish it off would last about a month:wall:. and they only use there own brand products. and i was quoted a insane price. I dont mind paying alot but it should be worth it and this would be worse than if i took it to the local car wash to be detailed. Can someone please help? I'd like to stay on long island if possible and id prefer if they used decent products such as Z***l or Swissvax. Any sugestions?

#2 ·
Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) is commonly used among detailers to strip off dealer applied waxes on new cars and also to wipe off polishing oils during correction work. This may sound strange or bad for the paint but its entirely fine. Your assumption that only quality detailers use Z*mol or Swissvax is skewed. Its all about the skill and prep work that goes into a detail which determines its quality, not an expensive wax!

#4 ·
All true, and his claims about how the long the wax will last are, if anything, quite honest! I can understand your concern at them only using 'own brand' products though. That's very limiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.