**PLEASE DO NOT JOIN WITH A BUSINESS/COMMERCIAL NAME AS YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE DECLINED.
* Please do not join with a business name , if DW deem it to be Business related it will be edited or deleted or your registration may be canceled.
* All users under the age of 13 must seek permission from their parent or guardian in order to gain membership of the Detailing world forums. While we welcome participation from members under 13, we require that a parent or guardian fax or mail back a signed permission form before we grant membership.
* Your username may not be more than 16 letters and/or digits long. If you set up a username longer than this the moderators off the site will amend it and you will be notified by email.
* Although the Administrators and Moderators of Detailing World will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, we cannot be responsible for message content. All messages express the views of the author. The owners, admin and moderators of the forum accept no responsibility for the views expressed within this forum by the authors/members.
* The owners or the representatives of Detailing World may remove; edit, move, or close topics they feel do not follow the rules. This is our house, and the house rules are not open to discussion on the forum if you do not like the way our house is run then we would advise you not to come in.
* Detailing World is not responsible for anything you do as a result of information or advice obtained at this site.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. NB Registering an additional account to overcome a suspension will only result in a longer ban.
* This is a family forum, please use good judgement when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, and do not attempt to bypass the word filter. It is there for a reason. Any thread with questionable content, should be labelled as such in the topic title. E.g. NWS (not work safe). If the post is not marked then a moderator may change or edit your post to suit.
* Use your judgment to post in the correct forum section. Any post not in the correct section may be moved without prior notice to the correct forum.
* Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it".
* Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice. Our decision is always final in these matters.
* If you break the rules in any way then you may be dealt with accordingly. This can range from a suspension for a number of days to an instant ban. If you repeatedly break the same rule your account will be at risk of a permanent ban.
* Posting of copyright material is strictly forbidden and will be removed without notice. (Unless of course permission has been granted by the author or credit to the author has been given as per the terms of a licence/contract for usage.)
* Blatant spamming of threads is not allowed and any such posts will be removed without notice, please also keep on topic.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Any post or thread may be removed at a moderator’s discretion without informing the post / thread author of the reason. We simply do not have the time nor the inclination to pm every member whose post we choose to moderate – roll with it!
* The Owners, Administration and Moderators accept no responsibility for any information that is posted by members that could result in legal action against that member.
* Any Defamatory Comments made on DW are those of the post writer and not of the Forum owners or administration team. We will accept no responsibility for any defamatory comments made by members that could result in legal action against that member.
* DW approved traders are forum sponsors and we accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions or disagreements that may occur, these must be dealt with directly with that company.
* DW Supporters are forum sponsors and we accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions or work carried out by that party.
* DW management team cannot be held responsible for any detailing work carried out my any member and any related information with our logo on not approved by us in advance
* No advertising or selling of any kind allowed in the forums, this is not eBay. Links to EBay will be removed outside of the personal sales section. If you are interested in advertising, contact Whizzer. Your signature/avatar/profile is not a place to advertise your business, website, forum, etc. Anything considered to be advertising or "spam" will be removed without notice.
* "How much is this worth" type threads which could easily lead to a sale for the poster are not allowed, the only leeway on this is if the poster has a paid subscription to the for sale section, in which case the moderator will use his discretion as to if they should delete the thread or not.
* Please do not add your website to your profile if it is a business.
* While we do not mind users mentioning other forums, blatant advertising or repeated bumping of posts with a web address within will not be tolerated. Any advertising with commercial links to any other business than approved traders can be deleted without notice( Please do not advertise your own business without prior consent from a site owner)
* Unintentional advertising will also be removed and includes: ‘Help me with my website’ style threads, Pictures of company vehicles within threads, Watermarked pictures with company logos and Pictures of people wearing company logo’s clothing
* Permission must always be sought from a moderator before commencing a Group Buy. If what you propose to buy clashes with what an approved trader sells then it is unlikely you will be given permission.
* The Group Buy organiser is to supply Whizzer with their full name, address and contact details BEFORE being allowed to organise a Group Buy.
* The Group Buy organiser is to have a minimum post count of 200 posts
* The Group Buy organiser is to have a minimum duration of 3 months membership
* The Group Buy description must clearly contain a FINAL price, including shipping and a timescale be provided for guidance (this is always difficult, as it does change give or take, but people need to know what timescales they're looking at)
* Group Buys's must not exceed 65 days, to allow for paypal disputes to be opened, credit card charge backs issued etc
* DW Group buys are run by members and whilst we will try to help if there is a disput we DW accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions.
* A Personal Sale includes used items and may include the odd new item but should not contain multiples of a new item. Personal sales are not to be advertised elsewhere unless clearly stated and not under any circumstances to be touted by pm.
* A subscription to the personal sales section can be bought quite cheaply (for selling only) - details can be found in your user control panel - see your profile. Unsubscribed persons must not attempt to trade on the forum or by private message and must not carry a link to a trading website
* A photograph of the goods being sold must be displayed, with username on a piece of paper, helps to stop people selling goods they don't actually have.
* The Price must be clearly outlined at the start of the post. The price is entirely up to the thread starter and if you do not agree with the price – then simply do not pay it! The price must include postage (to UK) and a discount can be offered for collection at buyers discretion. The first person to offer the ASKING price gets the goods even if there are offers already tabled but not accepted.
* All dealings are to be done on the thread and no private messages. All offers are then visible and nothing 'underhand' will go on.
* If you have a problem with a transaction or the thread goes ‘off topic’ please contact a moderator for advice.
* DW Personal sales are run by members and whilst we will try to help if there is a disput we DW accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions.
Approved Traders/Forum Sponsors
* These can trade in multiple new (and used!) products as they see fit on the forum. However any 'promotion of products' is to be kept to their individual section. Links to websites are allowed in their profiles and signatures. A trader after contacting a member of the mod/admin team can start a Group Buy on a product that they sell should they wish.
* To those who wish to become an Approved Trader please contact Whizzer by private message (pm).
* A DW Supporter has paid a subscription to carry a signature linking to their valeting or detailing website NB this does not include retail sales. The DW Supporter can also carry their link in their profile. Again this subscription can be found in the user control panel in your user profile.
* The DW Supporter can also change their username to reflect their valeting/detailing business. New Members to detailing world can no longer register with a business name. Older members who joined with a business name have been allowed to keep them - call it Grandfather rights but you have to draw a line in the sand at some point!
* Given that a DW Supporter pays for these advertising rights other members will not be allowed to advertise their 'paid' services either through their profiles or through posting in topics where persons have requested a recommended detailer.