Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Has anyone directly compared Nebula with Kiwami? (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=391834)

Naith 19-03-2017 08:46 PM

Has anyone directly compared Nebula with Kiwami?

Looking for a wax to put on top of some Colly 845 and I've narrowed it down to these 2 waxes. Has anyone used both, and if so, what are your observations?

Mikej857 20-03-2017 03:44 PM

Nebula is far less fussy to use than Kiwami as I found that I had to ensure it was very very thinly applied and only a panel at a time or it would be a pain to remove, where as nebula is a breeze to use

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Naith 20-03-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikej857 (Post 5299147)
Nebula is far less fussy to use than Kiwami as I found that I had to ensure it was very very thinly applied and only a panel at a time or it would be a pain to remove, where as nebula is a breeze to use

OK, so application is better with Nebula. Can I ask how they compared in finish, durability, etc? Cheers

Mikej857 21-03-2017 11:48 AM

Not a lot of difference in terms of finish but you will get increased durability with Kiwami but I'd sacrifice this for ease of use any day personally

Naith 21-03-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikej857 (Post 5299584)
Not a lot of difference in terms of finish but you will get increased durability with Kiwami but I'd sacrifice this for ease of use any day personally

Thanks for your replies :thumb:

O.C.D Waxes 21-03-2017 07:58 PM

Some strong competition for me there with Nebula being pitched against Kiwami lol, especially as I'm a big Fusso and King of Gloss fan!

Obviously the primary goal with Nebula is gloss, and lots of it. Durability wasn't directly a focal point during the development although based on the formulation I knew it had the potential to be more durable than the average show wax. In respect of durability, Kiwami is likely to have the edge due to it being a hybrid wax, so a combination of natural and synthetic ingredients. Nebula on the other hand is completely natural and uses natural gloss enhancing ingredients which is something I did specifically focus on during the development along with ease of use. This has resulted in Nebula being a wax that offers exceptional gloss while offering up to 2 months durability.

Naith 21-03-2017 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.C.D Waxes (Post 5299877)
Some strong competition for me there with Nebula being pitched against Kiwami lol, especially as I'm a big Fusso and King of Gloss fan!

Obviously the primary goal with Nebula is gloss, and lots of it. Durability wasn't directly a focal point during the development although based on the formulation I knew it had the potential to be more durable than the average show wax. In respect of durability, Kiwami is likely to have the edge due to it being a hybrid wax, so a combination of natural and synthetic ingredients. Nebula on the other hand is completely natural and uses natural gloss enhancing ingredients which is something I did specifically focus on during the development along with ease of use. This has resulted in Nebula being a wax that offers exceptional gloss while offering up to 2 months durability.

Do you ship to Spain? That's something else I need to consider (there is a supplier here in Spain of Soft99 products)...

chongo 21-03-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikej857 (Post 5299147)

Should be getting Kiwami tomorrow and Fusso so can I put Kiwami over the top of fusso :confused: and would Nebula be ok as well on top of any of the two:thumb:

scooobydont 21-03-2017 09:26 PM

I too was looking at Nebula to put over colly 476, would I see an improvement?

Totally new to the wax on wax thing.

Hereisphilly 21-03-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chongo (Post 5299935)
Should be getting Kiwami tomorrow and Fusso so can I put Kiwami over the top of fusso :confused: and would Nebula be ok as well on top of any of the two:thumb:

Kiwami on top of fusso is a very good combo, lasts a very long time

Sent from my Pixel+C using Tapatalk