Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Recommended Tyre Shine? (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=408526)

Mclarxn 14-09-2018 08:34 AM

Recommended Tyre Shine?

Morning All,

Im sure this topic has been covered countless times so apologies but here we go again!

Was looking for a good tyre shine to use that has no sling. For this reason I think Im going to stay away from the gels.

Ive use Megs Endurance and even after waiting and wiping any excess off I got a fair bit sling, not sure if application was too heavy or what but never been keen on using it since.

Would be looking for a satin look, like a new tyre look. From what Ive seen CarPro Perl is the go to for what Im after, but have heard Gyeon Tyre being thrown around too.

Whats everyones thoughts?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JoeyJoeJo 14-09-2018 08:44 AM

Not a regular part of my routine but I really like Angelwax Elixir, I put it on my tyres when swapping wheels, lovely satin finish and seemed to last a decent while.
Now I think about, I should try harder to us it :D

Mclarxn 14-09-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJo (Post 5497747)
Not a regular part of my routine but I really like Angelwax Elixir, I put it on my tyres when swapping wheels, lovely satin finish and seemed to last a decent while.
Now I think about, I should try harder to us it :D

Well before now I havent really ever bothered with tyre shine (i know.. [emoji854]) but the worn look of the tyres are getting at me more and more after every wash hah! Ill have a look at the Angelwax, roughly how long do you usually get out of it?

garage_dweller 14-09-2018 09:01 AM

I've been using Swissvax Pneu. Its expensive but the 250ml bottle has lasted over 6 months used on 2 cars pretty much every week. Gives a lovely finish.

Just bought Adam's VRT Tire & Trim Dressing for a change though as I'm really impressed by Adams products. Not tried it yet as only got it mid week.

Edit: Bought on 6th Feb, probably another months worth left on the bottle.

\Rian 14-09-2018 09:30 AM

Gtechniq - T1 for me

Mclarxn 14-09-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garage_dweller (Post 5497750)
I've been using Swissvax Pneu. Its expensive but the 250ml bottle has lasted over 6 months used on 2 cars pretty much every week. Gives a lovely finish.

Just bought Adam's VRT Tire & Trim Dressing for a change though as I'm really impressed by Adams products. Not tried it yet as only got it mid week.

Edit: Bought on 6th Feb, probably another months worth left on the bottle.

Thats Adams VRT is another name Ive heard, think PanTheOrganiser did a video showcasing it and it held up quite well if I remember correctly.

Would like to keep it down in price as much as possible at the minute tho, thats why ive been lookin at the likes of PERL but in time I might branch out to the executive tyre shines hah!

BruceVolvo 14-09-2018 09:34 AM

Gyeon Q2 is the best I've used so far you get 3-4 weeks if you've give the tyres a good clean and degrease first and no sling

BrummyPete 14-09-2018 09:39 AM

I've been using powermaxed tyre and trim dressing, seems to last well

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pugoman 14-09-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceVolvo (Post 5497766)
Gyeon Q2 is the best I've used so far you get 3-4 weeks if you've give the tyres a good clean and degrease first and no sling

Giving your tyres a good clean/degrease is essential imo. Then whatever dressing you choose, apply it when you know you won't be using the car for a while. I like to apply in the evening so the dressing can sit overnight. This will all help towards getting minimal/no sling. I've been using Autoglym Super Sheen for years.

\Rian 14-09-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mclarxn (Post 5497764)
Thats Adams VRT is another name Ive heard, think PanTheOrganiser did a video showcasing it and it held up quite well if I remember correctly.

Would like to keep it down in price as much as possible at the minute tho, thats why ive been lookin at the likes of PERL but in time I might branch out to the executive tyre shines hah!

carPRO PERL is an excellent product and if on a budget it will suit all your dressing needs however I find it only really works well on a tyre if its neat and not diluted,