Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What to put on UNC-r and refunding Lifeshine (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=407229)

Sputman99 18-07-2018 02:24 PM

What to put on UNC-r and refunding Lifeshine

Managed to polish out the swirls out of my Black Civic that weíre locked in by the Honda car sales with Lifeshine, had UNC-r over the whole thing.

So what would anyone recommend as a protection beyond that, I have AG SRP, AG Extra Gloss Protection and Poorboys natty black paste.

Iím pretty sure I donít need Extra Gloss - but others ?

BTW should I request a refund from the garage regarding locking in the swirls through bad preparation ?

Berylburton 18-07-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sputman99 (Post 5482700)

BTW should I request a refund from the garage regarding locking in the swirls through bad preparation ?

You have no evidence that the car had swirls now :-)

Sputman99 18-07-2018 02:51 PM

I know .. it’s a bit of an oversight on my side but I could ask the professional detailer for his view.

garage_dweller 18-07-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

it’s a bit of an oversight on my side but I could ask the professional detailer for his view.
I think you would have had to go back to honda first and ask them to sort, you have no chance of a refund now.

I would put a nice wax on it now and enjoy it.

Andyblue 18-07-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sputman99 (Post 5482707)
I know .. itís a bit of an oversight on my side but I could ask the professional detailer for his view.

Unfortunately, Iíd agree with whatís been said, youíve now no evidence and as youíve polished out the marks, any marks left - theyíll just say you did ....

Just enjoy your new motor :)

Iíd try AG new UHD wax - very nice to use and gives a very nice finish :)

lowejackson 18-07-2018 09:37 PM

Does UNC-R need anything over it?

Sputman99 19-07-2018 11:49 AM

Exactly my question

lowejackson 19-07-2018 12:56 PM

I have not used this but my understanding is it is a very good coating which probably does not need anything else perhaps with the exception of their QD.

I suspect most things would not be able to bond correctly to a coating

stangalang 19-07-2018 10:49 PM

Im a bit confused, did it or does it have lifeshine, or uncR on?

If it has uncR on you need non of the options, its a great coating and simply needs washing. they do have their own maintenance spray if you feel you want to add something

LeeH 19-07-2018 11:07 PM

What to put on UNC-r and refunding Lifeshine

Iím finding it difficult to believe life shine Ďlocked iní swirls never mind that you think you have some sort is recourse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro