Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Black fire gloss enhancing polish? How to? (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=405376)

Slaav 06-05-2018 07:31 PM

Black fire gloss enhancing polish? How to?
 
How to???
I struggle with it to be honest....

Can somebody give me an idiots guide/lesson please???

Reverted to some ‘old faithful AG polish’ after one panel!!

A&J 06-05-2018 07:38 PM

Whats the problem? Why the strugle?

OvEr_KiLL 06-05-2018 08:59 PM

from polished bliss

'' BLACKFIRE Paint Cleaner can be applied equally well by hand or dual action machine. By hand, it should be applied to freshly decontaminated paint one panel at a time using a Meguiar's Even Coat Microfiber Applicator Pad. Only 3-4 pea-sized drops of product are required per panel, and these should be worked in well in an overlapping fashion until only a thin film remains. The film should then be buffed off immediately using a PB Super Buffing Towel. By dual action polisher, BLACKFIRE Paint Cleaner should be applied using a Lake Country Hydro-Tech Finishing Pad. Only 3-4 pea-sized drops of product are required per panel, and these should be worked in thoroughly at around 3000-4000 orbits per minute (speed 3-4 on most dual action machine polishers) until only a thin film remains. This film should then be buffed off immediately using a PB Super Buffing Towel. ''

ive used it by hand as they say and not had a problem

Slaav 06-05-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A&J (Post 5463255)
Whats the problem? Why the strugle?

Not sure how thick to put it on, nor how long to leave to dry.

Seem to have to always rub as though my life depends on it to buff off again?

Slaav 06-05-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OvEr_KiLL (Post 5463281)
from polished bliss

'' BLACKFIRE Paint Cleaner can be applied equally well by hand or dual action machine. By hand, it should be applied to freshly decontaminated paint one panel at a time using a Meguiar's Even Coat Microfiber Applicator Pad. Only 3-4 pea-sized drops of product are required per panel, and these should be worked in well in an overlapping fashion until only a thin film remains. The film should then be buffed off immediately using a PB Super Buffing Towel. By dual action polisher, BLACKFIRE Paint Cleaner should be applied using a Lake Country Hydro-Tech Finishing Pad. Only 3-4 pea-sized drops of product are required per panel, and these should be worked in thoroughly at around 3000-4000 orbits per minute (speed 3-4 on most dual action machine polishers) until only a thin film remains. This film should then be buffed off immediately using a PB Super Buffing Towel. ''

ive used it by hand as they say and not had a problem

It’s not the cleaner, it’s the ‘old’ polish which I now can’t see on PolishedBliss ....

cheekymonkey 07-05-2018 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaav (Post 5463315)
It’s not the cleaner, it’s the ‘old’ polish which I now can’t see on PolishedBliss ....

Its now called blackfire paint cleaner, new name but same product.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ng-polish.html

cheekymonkey 07-05-2018 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaav (Post 5463313)
Not sure how thick to put it on, nor how long to leave to dry.

Seem to have to always rub as though my life depends on it to buff off again?

your applying it to thickly thats your problem.

stangalang 07-05-2018 06:54 AM

Small amount as per normal, work it in well, remove immediately. Don't try to do too large of an area in one go, don't leave it dry. It will do its job nicely

Slaav 07-05-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangalang (Post 5463351)
Small amount as per normal, work it in well, remove immediately. Don't try to do too large of an area in one go, don't leave it dry. It will do its job nicely

Thx

Interestingly, on various places it seems I am using too much/too little depending on the site!!

Will try thinner use and immediate removal again.

stangalang 07-05-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaav (Post 5463369)
Thx

Interestingly, on various places it seems I am using too much/too little depending on the site!!

Will try thinner use and immediate removal again.

If you can work it in so it is "thin" and opaque that's the right amount worked for the right amount of time. Remove and carry on the next set


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors