Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Interior & Glass (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dash reflection (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=406231)

Borderall 08-06-2018 05:05 PM

Dash reflection
 
Be gentle please my first question :)

So my car Peugeot 3008 the problem i would like to solve is on sunny days the reflection off the top of the dash reflects way more than i would like.

Can anyone recommend a product that reduces reflection please, as an aside some of the abbreviations may not be immediately clear lol

Allan

dannyd21 08-06-2018 05:13 PM

Gtechnique c6 is for a matte dash or maybe sonax foaming matt dash cleaner? :thumb::wave:

Borderall 08-06-2018 05:24 PM

When you mention its for a matte dash do you mean if my dash is shiny itíll dull it down or only suitable for a matte dash in the first instance :confused:

dannyd21 08-06-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderall (Post 5472201)
When you mention its for a matte dash do you mean if my dash is shiny itíll dull it down or only suitable for a matte dash in the first instance :confused:

It should dull it down and stop it being so shiny. What products are you using to clean your interior trim? Could well be that.

Borderall 08-06-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyd21 (Post 5472208)
It should dull it down and stop it being so shiny. What products are you using to clean your interior trim? Could well be that.

I am using carplan dash wipe matt at the moment the problem is when we have a rare sunny day looking through the windscreen i see more reflection of dash than road :driver:

dannyd21 08-06-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderall (Post 5472209)
I am using carplan dash wipe matt at the moment the problem is when we have a rare sunny day looking through the windscreen i see more reflection of dash than road :driver:

Maybe try the sonax Dash cleaner instead of the C6 then?

:car:

\Rian 08-06-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyd21 (Post 5472215)
Maybe try the sonax Dash cleaner instead of the C6 then?

:car:

It could be worth ensuring you windscreen is clean as grease and grime can cause reflections on the windscreen, some grease and grime can only been a real vision blocker when the bright sun hits at a certain angle

Borderall 08-06-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rian (Post 5472220)
It could be worth ensuring you windscreen is clean as grease and grime can cause reflections on the windscreen, some grease and grime can only been a real vision blocker when the bright sun hits at a certain angle

Yes i can try that

On the outside of the car i use non wax autoglym shampoo and on the indide just kitchen roll and plain water. Certainly worth a try though:thumb:

I donít have a thanks button yet so thank you

Borderall 08-06-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyd21 (Post 5472215)
Maybe try the sonax Dash cleaner instead of the C6 then?

:car:

Lol missed this post is sonax the one off Euro Car Parts cant find it other than there

\Rian 08-06-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderall (Post 5472222)
Yes i can try that

On the outside of the car i use non wax autoglym shampoo and on the indide just kitchen roll and plain water. Certainly worth a try though:thumb:

I donít have a thanks button yet so thank you

That may be your problem.

Water and a paper towel wont remove grease it will simply wipe it around your screen.

Get a good glass cleaner, a short pile microfiber cloth and a microfiber ultrasued/glass buffing cloth.

Spray you glass cleaner on to the short pile microfiber cloth that is folded in 4's and give the glass a good clean.

Then once you have done that, use your microfiber ultrasued/glass buffing cloth to buff the glass to a shine and remove any streakes and remaining residue.

You may wish to do the first step twice depending on how bad it is, I would almost certainly say that is the cause


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors