Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Machine Polishing (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Da with SRP (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=391611)

n60gav 15-03-2017 08:51 AM

Da with SRP
 
Can I apply SRP with my DA :buffer: after I have used megs 105. Got so much SRP to use up before start using 205megs

Forsh 15-03-2017 09:01 AM

SRP has little cut so use the 205 first, then SRP by DA - SRP contains fillers which will help mask any remaining imperfections, then wax by hand

:)

Radish293 15-03-2017 09:43 AM

Super Resin Polish by DA is so easy it makes short work of a quick shine. I would never go back to applying by hand agin.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autoglym 15-03-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n60gav (Post 5295907)
Can I apply SRP with my DA :buffer: after I have used megs 105. Got so much SRP to use up before start using 205megs

Yes, you can.

chongo 15-03-2017 06:57 PM

I would definitely use 205 after 105, 105 does leave it's own haze depending on what pad you use, so if you want to do it properly then always finish off with a finishing polish.

mb1 29-03-2017 01:00 AM

what is the best pad to use on super resin polish and 105 105 and pad selection

mac1459 29-03-2017 07:13 AM

105 :- orange or green cg hex
205 :- white or black
AG SRP :- white pad
mac

Munkee1805 14-04-2017 08:08 AM

I took delivery of my DAS6 yesterday and gave it a go with SRP - what a difference it's made!

the only thing I found was I was getting a lot of powder, so perhaps working it too much, or using too much product?

I did give a squirt of AG Rapid Detailer but was getting a lot of splatter on other panels - is this normal?

Anyway, as said above - it's the way I'll be using SRP from now on! After a buff up, I applied a coat of AG HD Wax (again, a new product for me) and the finish is outstanding compared to what I've achieved before. I'm intending to put a coat of Extra Gloss on my other vehicles (wife's car is going up for sale, so not squandering all my product on it!) between the SRP and HD Wax.

Just need to refine my technique with practice I guess.

lowejackson 14-04-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkee1805 (Post 5312632)
I took delivery of my DAS6 yesterday and gave it a go with SRP - what a difference it's made!

the only thing I found was I was getting a lot of powder, so perhaps working it too much, or using too much product?

I did give a squirt of AG Rapid Detailer but was getting a lot of splatter on other panels - is this normal?

Anyway, as said above - it's the way I'll be using SRP from now on! After a buff up, I applied a coat of AG HD Wax (again, a new product for me) and the finish is outstanding compared to what I've achieved before. I'm intending to put a coat of Extra Gloss on my other vehicles (wife's car is going up for sale, so not squandering all my product on it!) between the SRP and HD Wax.

Just need to refine my technique with practice I guess.

Splatter is normally too much product or working at high speed setting. SRP is great but don't treat it like a conventional polish like 205, slow speed with a finishing pad is all that is required. No need to work the SRP for many passes

Munkee1805 15-04-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowejackson (Post 5313147)
Splatter is normally too much product or working at high speed setting. SRP is great but don't treat it like a conventional polish like 205, slow speed with a finishing pad is all that is required. No need to work the SRP for many passes

I see - I was using the DAS6 on setting 1 to get the SRP across the panel area and then up to 4.5 to work the product (using 4 bean sized blobs on a blue 3m pad).

I'll try half the product over a smaller area on a setting of 2.3-3 and see how it fares. I also gave a squirt of QD, which I'll go a bit lighter on as well.

Cheers for the advice,

Steve


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors