Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Koch Chemie Lack-Polish Green/Grün (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=390541)

Richard1 21-02-2017 03:53 PM

Koch Chemie Lack-Polish Green/Grün
 
Hi all,

I've been reading lots of good things about Koch Chemie polishes and decided to take the plunge and order the Lack-polish Green - I've had a read of the website as well as a few threads on here and it's not quite clear what exactly the Green/Grün polish is!

I bought it on the basis that it's an ultra fine finishing polish (I'm looking for something to further refine/increase gloss after using Sonax EX 04-06), but I've since read a few people mention it being more of a glaze/LSP despite the website not mentioning this explicitly - it does mention protecting paint however.

I was planning to use this with a blue Hexlogic pad followed by a BH cleanser-fluid wipe down but there doesn't seem much point if it turns out that it's a glaze that would be wiped straight off again!

Cheers

steelghost 21-02-2017 05:05 PM

http://www.koch-chemie.de/en/Detailing/Paintwork/

Quote:

Lack-Polish grün protects, maintains and refines new and as new paintwork. The finish with Lack-Polish grün will give the paintwork a depth of gloss and colour that is exceptional. The treated paintwork is protected for a long period against adverse environmental factors. Lack-Polish grün is very easy and time-saving to use, and is suitable for all paint types. With Daimler approval.
Cut: 1,0
Gloss: 9,5
From this PDF:

Quote:

Apply Lack-Polish grün in an even thin film either mechanically (ideally with an orbital polisher) with our black finishing pad, or manually with a similarly soft pad. To finish, buff any polish residues to a mirror finish with a Profi microfibre cloth. If an abrasive effect is required, use the polish with a medium-hard yellow machine polishing pad and a rotary polisher.
Sounds like it has very little cut (ie it is a finishing / refining polish) but also leaves some protection.

Hereisphilly 21-02-2017 05:59 PM

Why don't you just use M2.01 and then top off with whatever LSP you want?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Richard1 21-02-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelghost (Post 5282840)
Sounds like it has very little cut (ie it is a finishing / refining polish) but also leaves some protection.

Thanks for the info - I did read those pages but it's slightly ambiguous as to what it might leave behind!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hereisphilly (Post 5282873)
Why don't you just use M2.01 and then top off with whatever LSP you want?

I went for this one as the lack-polish is rated better for gloss (9.5 v 9.0 - although whether you'd be able to tell is debatable!)
Also, the information for the 2.01 states that pads cannot be used with other products after this one!

Hereisphilly 21-02-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard1 (Post 5282947)
Thanks for the info - I did read those pages but it's slightly ambiguous as to what it might leave behind!



I went for this one as the lack-polish is rated better for gloss (9.5 v 9.0 - although whether you'd be able to tell is debatable!)
Also, the information for the 2.01 states that pads cannot be used with other products after this one!

Naah I can't see you noticing the difference between them tbh, M2.01 is a great finishing polish

No idea what's they're on about not using the pads, unless they mean they don't want contamination of other coarser products back onto the pad, if it's just for finishing duties?

That's not how it's written tho, it's very odd

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Richard1 21-02-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hereisphilly (Post 5282955)
Naah I can't see you noticing the difference between them tbh, M2.01 is a great finishing polish

No idea what's they're on about not using the pads, unless they mean they don't want contamination of other coarser products back onto the pad, if it's just for finishing duties?

That's not how it's written tho, it's very odd

Perhaps something is lost in translation! Have you used 04-06 before, do you think this would finish better than the Sonax (used on a green Hexlogic)?

Cheers

Hereisphilly 21-02-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard1 (Post 5282979)
Perhaps something is lost in translation! Have you used 04-06 before, do you think this would finish better than the Sonax (used on a green Hexlogic)?

Cheers

Yep I've used it before, and it's a great finishing polish, but then I've never had an issue with EX 04/06

I actually think that EX 04/06 finishes down extremely well (it's got the same abrasives in it as Perfect finish)

Maybe it's worth doing another pass with Ex 04/06 on a white pad so something if you really want that final 1%?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mb1 01-02-2018 05:09 PM

Thanks for the guid

mb1 25-02-2018 01:52 AM

will this pad work on Da please.

zeus65 23-04-2018 11:44 AM

@richard1,
hey, did you use the koch chemie polishes???
any reviews please???


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors