Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   do i need a different pad? or cutting polish? (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=407736)

vw754 08-08-2018 10:24 PM

do i need a different pad? or cutting polish?
 
I have the das-6 pro D.A, ihave done a few carsfriends/family,and i have done my black audi a5 using meguiars m105 i get brilliant results BUT i can see very faint hair-line scratches when looking at the paint from approx 12 inches i can still see faint scratches on the body i am talking very faint but i would like it to be 100% gone,they are defenatley not deep at all,can hardly see them unless in the sun or i sit about 12 inches away,i have been using this pad ......................https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/in...te-direct.html

and megs 105.............any better pads ?

i cant seem to get the faint lines out,its very faint,like its gone past a bush at some time and its just caught it

stangalang 08-08-2018 10:49 PM

What refining pads and polishes did you use on these other cars you did, and which did you use on this particular car?

vw754 09-08-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangalang (Post 5488497)
What refining pads and polishes did you use on these other cars you did, and which did you use on this particular car?

I Used the above cutting pad with 105,then i used a hex logic finishing pad,using meguiars ultimate polish,then waxed.

car looks stunning but close up the faint lines are still visible.

Sheep 10-08-2018 02:03 AM

M105 is quite aggressive, maybe need to follow up with something a little stronger than UP. In my limited experience with UP so far, it's got far less cut than M205. Maybe try that instead?

AnthonyUK 10-08-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vw754 (Post 5488630)
I Used the above cutting pad with 105,then i used a hex logic finishing pad,using meguiars ultimate polish,then waxed.

car looks stunning but close up the faint lines are still visible.

Does meguiars ultimate polish have a filler like SRP does? This could help mask very feint lines.

JimBobJones 10-08-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheep (Post 5488845)
M105 is quite aggressive, maybe need to follow up with something a little stronger than UP. In my limited experience with UP so far, it's got far less cut than M205. Maybe try that instead?

New to this stuff, but facing same issues as OP.
Just finished pass with M105 on my car, still seeing faint scratches like above. Trying to get my head around the logic of a lesser pad / polish(M205) being able to remove this if the M105 with cutting pad couldn't do it.

percymon 10-08-2018 10:37 AM

Can't comment on M105, but i've used Menzerna 2200/4000 combo on Audi and Porsche paint with very good effect. Latterly ive found that Menzerna fast cut breaks down so well that it's been a good replacement to 2200 when a degree of correction was needed

ENEP 10-08-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBobJones (Post 5488876)
New to this stuff, but facing same issues as OP.
Just finished pass with M105 on my car, still seeing faint scratches like above. Trying to get my head around the logic of a lesser pad / polish(M205) being able to remove this if the M105 with cutting pad couldn't do it.

Hard to say, but could be compound inflicted swirls and/or DA haze. Less aggressive pad and polish combo should fix it in that case.

riskypicker 10-08-2018 02:30 PM

Ive used 105 on similar BMW paint with a DAS6 pro and CQ Orange Hexlogic. Found it needs additional lubricant (Chemical guys do one or just deionised water) or it dusts and drys before youve achieved the correction youre looking for and also left its own marks.

So i found it needed to be followed by 205 to finish it off - again needs lubricant.

I think the hard paint and the ageing recipes for 105/205 means you may need a longer working time that you may be trying at the moment.

Frog 10-08-2018 03:00 PM

From reading your post, the scratches you are talking about are still visible in the surface and they are scratches caused by damage prior to cutting/polishing?

If you are happy with the finish (apart from the still visible scratches) that your existing combination has produced may be you just need to have another go at those specific areas again?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors