Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Best Sealant/Wax for brand new car? (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=388005)

pb2617 22-12-2016 07:40 PM

Best Sealant/Wax for brand new car?

Hi, I'm a new member to this forum but have been reading threads on here for a while now.

I am picking up a new 1 series in Mineral Grey Metallic tomorrow. My question is what would be the best sealant or wax or both to go for on a car of this colour and on a new car with no scratches/swirls. I know there are plenty of great waxes and sealants from loads of companies out their but this is just a general guide line and push in the right direction.

Products I am looking at as of now are GTechniq c2v3, Collinite 845, Soft99 Fusso and Mezerna Power Lock.

Really I am looking for a good balance of gloss and durability. I can always use a detailing spray to add extra gloss afterwards.

Any suggestions from your experiences would be great!

Phil. :thumb:

Ads_ClioV6 22-12-2016 07:44 PM

Hi Phil also look at wolfgang deep gloss sealant and blackfire afpp sealant

cleslie 22-12-2016 07:49 PM

If you want total ease of use, put a couple of coats of C2V3 on then keep the protection topped up with Gyeon Wet Coat every few washes. Especially suited to this time of year.

todds 22-12-2016 08:12 PM

Go on the website polishedbliss.co.uk some great articles recommending different options depending on which route you want to go down very informative on each and every product they sell. They have put a lot of thought and research into their descriptions and given their own experience of using said products. they are also a great company to deal with i have found
regards
todds

pb2617 22-12-2016 10:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up ADSCLIOCUP. I've heard a lot of good things about Wolfgang and Blackfire! They seem to come up in this forum alot. I'll check them out!

pb2617 22-12-2016 10:12 PM

Thanks todds I'll have a look through their website!

pb2617 22-12-2016 10:20 PM

Hi Cleslie, thanks. That may be a route I might go down. I'm debating also either going for a very durable wax (like soft99 fusso 12 months or Collie 845) as a base coat and then a really nice finishing wax to go over the top for extra depth and gloss or going down the route of a good long lasting sealant and then a finishing wax that doesn't have to be as durable.

Ads_ClioV6 22-12-2016 10:38 PM

Hey no problem
Just enjoy detailing.Don't get too worried about products or you will get the bug.
A good sealant with a nice wax on job done

mbs85 22-12-2016 10:46 PM

I'm currently using Menzerna Power Lock and Sonax BSD combo. Love the hydrophobic properties and the look. Going to try out essence plus in the spring, but might still stick with power lock for winter months.

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

steelghost 22-12-2016 11:08 PM

Not used my pot yet but Wowos Contact 121 hybrid wax ticks all your boxes, and you can get the very highly recommended Wowos Quick Detailer to.keep it topped up.