Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing' (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   First use of Koch Chemie green star (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=390349)

DLGWRX02 17-02-2017 08:26 PM

First use of Koch Chemie green star
 
Well after reading all the reviews and finally managing to find a supplier with some in stock (thanks Elite car care).

My car was absolutely minging, 2 weeks with out a wash so with some slightly warmer weather albeit later on in the afternoon than I would normally start to clean my car, I thought I would give it a bash.
I mixed up 200mls of product with 2000mls of water. (Which is the same dilution I use for pm tfr.) I sprayed it over my car and left for 5 mins before beginning to pressure wash off. Normally When my car is in this state I have to spray my car twice with tfr as usually after I've rinsed off the first time you can visually see where the tfr has run down the panel and left dirt behind so I go over again before then snow foaming. Well I think that's all in the past, one coat of GS has definitely more cleaning power and it shows. As it was getting on, I didn't do side by side comparisons, but I know how it usually would look and this is a vast improvement.


https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5265c8af1c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...630908699a.jpg

And then the obligatory snow foam pic as you can see was getting late. (Valet pro ph neutralshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...703d616e25.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2aec782bd6.jpg

By the time I had rinsed off and gone over it by hand it was almost dark and the street lights were on so no after pics, besides no doubt ide probably missed some..lol.

Cookies 17-02-2017 09:08 PM

Looks very impressive indeed chum. Is there any indication if this stuff will affect the chrome/black Chrome trims. I have a BMW, and was warned about using citrus pre-wash as it would cause efflorescence (a blue, rainbow effect) on the black Chrome around the windows.

I'm very tempted to buy some of this, subject to stock of course. Just wanted to ask folk first.

Cooks

Sent from my D6603

wanner69 17-02-2017 09:12 PM

Nice one buddy. Glad you like it

DLGWRX02 17-02-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookies (Post 5280666)
Looks very impressive indeed chum. Is there any indication if this stuff will affect the chrome/black Chrome trims. I have a BMW, and was warned about using citrus pre-wash as it would cause efflorescence (a blue, rainbow effect) on the black Chrome around the windows.

I'm very tempted to buy some of this, subject to stock of course. Just wanted to ask folk first.

Cooks

Sent from my D6603

I can't help you there as I havnt got any chrome or black chrome to say. However as this isn't citrus based it may not have the same affect.

Cookies 17-02-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLGWRX02 (Post 5280687)
I can't help you there as I havnt got any chrome or black chrome to say. However as this isn't citrus based it may not have the same affect.

Good call chum, hadn't actually thought of that.

Cheers

Cooks

Sent from my D6603

AndyN01 18-02-2017 07:23 AM

Thanks for this,

Looks like KC will be needing to up their deliveries to the UK asap. :detailer:

Something else for the list - cheers :thumb:

Andy.

steelghost 18-02-2017 08:13 PM

Reading the descriptions of this it sounds like a powerful APC, similar to G101, Surfex, Grimeout etc. I'm sure if I prewashed my car in 10% Surfex it'd come out pretty clean, but is it appropriate to be comparing it to "normal" snowfoams?

I get the argument that some folk aren't fussed if they degrade the LSP a bit more, in return for a better clean, but I'd be interested in the view of anyone using GS over the course of weeks or months, is it having any noticeable effect on your LSP?

chongo 18-02-2017 08:20 PM

I think if it's been used as a pre wash over weeks or months then of course it's going to effect the LSP, but most people on here apply a layer or two after a couple of washes or weeks.

DLGWRX02 18-02-2017 08:55 PM

Who's comparing it to snow foam?, I only mentioned comparing it pm tfr, and having used both now at same strength I'm preferring GS, as for price it's on par with tfr, (10 litres of pm tfr is 34, 11 litres of GS it 40) Ile always use foam as it makes it nice and slick ready for washing. Also I wasn't bothered about any lsp affects knowing what I had planned today. Which was a full decontamination with chemicals and then claying, I then sealed with winter coat then added a Layer of 915 and fk1000 on the wheels. 5 hours well spent and also a reminder of why I hate using wax on white cars. I went white blind in the end and had to ask the mrs to come out and keep checking panels as I couldn't see anything.lol

fatdazza 18-02-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelghost (Post 5281146)
Reading the descriptions of this it sounds like a powerful APC, similar to G101, Surfex, Grimeout etc. I'm sure if I prewashed my car in 10% Surfex it'd come out pretty clean, but is it appropriate to be comparing it to "normal" snowfoams?

I get the argument that some folk aren't fussed if they degrade the LSP a bit more, in return for a better clean, but I'd be interested in the view of anyone using GS over the course of weeks or months, is it having any noticeable effect on your LSP?

I have made a similar post about this "latest wonder product".

It is an APC, and most APCs diluted at 10 to 1 do a great job of cleaning. Try G101 at 10 to 1 or even Tesco value Daisy APC!

Give it a while and another wonder product will appear (witness Powermaxed TFR, which was God's gift a couple of months ago, but now gets unfavourably compared to this APC).

It is a fact that the stronger the cleaner is, the quicker it will degrade an LSP. It most likely will not strip the LSP completely after one use, and if people are happy to live with this quicker degradation then "fair do".


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors