Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sonus Paintwork Cleanser......... (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=26058)

John-R- 23-03-2007 09:20 PM

Sonus Paintwork Cleanser.........
 
Is this any good? got it with my autopia order as a freebee, when should I apply it? I'm thinking after I use the 106FF and before the Wax? is this correct?

Thanks

John

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...-/CIMG0043.jpg

Phil H 24-03-2007 10:07 AM

i like using it, nice smell, easy to apply and remove. do a panel at a time in straight lines leave a for a few mins then wipe off. Use it just before you apply a wax of your choice.

TriBorG 24-03-2007 12:11 PM

When using the Paintwork Cleanser Would you normally do this by hand or PC ?

John-R- 24-03-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil H (Post 293072)
i like using it, nice smell, easy to apply and remove. do a panel at a time in straight lines leave a for a few mins then wipe off. Use it just before you apply a wax of your choice.

Cheers Phil :thumb:

John

Rayman 24-03-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriBorG (Post 293177)
When using the Paintwork Cleanser Would you normally do this by hand or PC ?

PC normally!:buffer: by hand would be fine too on an applicator pad!

typefern 25-03-2007 10:10 PM

Is this safe to use after you have carried out swirl correction? I think it has a abrasive compound in it, which would result iin adding swirls.:confused:

Cheers John

typefern 26-03-2007 09:41 PM

Any thoughts please

John

mba 26-03-2007 09:44 PM

The Sonus paint cleaner is a chemical cleaner and to my knowledge contains no abrasives at all.

Some people are of the thought that if you are PC'ing a car then there is no need for paint cleaner - although im starting to think i should go back to using it!

typefern 26-03-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mba (Post 296299)
The Sonus paint cleaner is a chemical cleaner and to my knowledge contains no abrasives at all.

Some people are of the thought that if you are PC'ing a car then there is no need for paint cleaner - although im starting to think i should go back to using it!

Cheers MBa

A lot of people seem to be using the Zymol HD Cleanser, just wondering if you can use it the same way.

John

bpsmith 27-03-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mba (Post 296299)
Some people are of the thought that if you are PC'ing a car then there is no need for paint cleaner - although im starting to think i should go back to using it!

I am not 100% on this either and thought I should be using the Cleaner after the Polish and prior to the Glaze, which is then followed by the Sealant.

Or is this overkill?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors