Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Interior & Glass (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Recommend Glass Sealant (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=391812)

waqasr 19-03-2017 05:13 PM

Recommend Glass Sealant

Need some options folks. Dont want to go for Angelwax H2go for a third time.
Each time I got a bottle, I used it once, by the time id need to use it again the spray nozzle had disintegrated and the whole bottle has spilled out, contacted AW and got no reply so not going there again.

So what other options are out there that are quick and easy to use and re apply?

Summit Detailing 19-03-2017 05:15 PM

Duxback
Gtechniq G5
Gyeon View
Rain-x

cheers

Chris

waqasr 19-03-2017 05:30 PM

Ah G5, I forgot about that one, might have to go back to that. I prefer this type as opposed to the longer lasting one. Are there any others like these?

dchapman88 19-03-2017 05:31 PM

Nobody mentioning Nanolex?!
I swear by this stuff.

OvEr_KiLL 19-03-2017 06:27 PM

nanolex urban, takes 15mins to dry each layer and 2 layers is best, if you have a haze after 15mins then buff it again

Crafty 19-03-2017 06:40 PM

How effective do people find Nanolex Urban ?

I put a single layer on a month or so ago after cleaning, polishing and wiping down the screen. Water beads well but it doesn't roll off the screen, even at 50mph I see hardly any movement, certainly not enough to avoid using the wipers.

I haven't seen a glass coating do that before, h2go rolled off the screen well and I've used Carlack on a previous car which would also roll off.

I've applied a second layer of urban yesterday, so I'll see how it goes I guess.

Bigpikle 19-03-2017 06:58 PM

I tested it for Florian before it was first launched and it was excellent. Using it again now and its just as good. I used Carlack for a while but since the repackaging there has obviously been some issues and myself a few others have had really really poor performance (in fact ZERO performance!!) and Nanolex is now working a dream!

I get roll-off starting at 35mph on our cars.

steelghost 19-03-2017 07:55 PM

I get very good results from Carlack but it seems their QC or supply chain hasn't been all it could be. Mine is still sheeting, and moving water at 45mph, after at least six months. It's overdue a replacement but haven't had time of late. So recommended from me, but buy from somewhere you trust for returns.

Bigpikle 19-03-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelghost (Post 5298606)
I get very good results from Carlack but it seems their QC or supply chain hasn't been all it could be. Mine is still sheeting, and moving water at 45mph, after at least six months. It's overdue a replacement but haven't had time of late. So recommended from me, but buy from somewhere you trust for returns.

I loved my original bottle but frankly I dont think whats in my new bottle is actually glass sealant - I think you hit the nail on the head about QC issues

MDC250 19-03-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waqasr (Post 5298498)
Need some options folks. Dont want to go for Angelwax H2go for a third time.

Each time I got a bottle, I used it once, by the time id need to use it again the spray nozzle had disintegrated and the whole bottle has spilled out, contacted AW and got no reply so not going there again.

So what other options are out there that are quick and easy to use and re apply?

For ease not sure you will better H2Go.

I don't bother with the spray head now I just tip upside down with the lid off onto a makeup applicator. Don't seem to get through anymore using it this way.