Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Interior & Glass (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GTech or Dyson (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=399919)

lentil 24-10-2017 12:25 PM

GTech or Dyson

Who has tried both?

Which to go for.

That is the decision? :)

pxr5 24-10-2017 12:53 PM

I don't own a handheld Dyson, but I let a Dyson rep at Currys talk me through them and let me play with them. I then bought the Gtech. Both the AirRam and the Multi for 299, which was cheaper than the single Dyson I was looking at.

The Gtech is bloomin' good, in fact I am really pleased with both the handheld and floor devices. I like that the batteries can be popped out and charged away from the main unit. So easy to use and empty, I can't find any fault at all with the Gtechs.

dchapman88 24-10-2017 01:27 PM

I own the Dyson V8
Decent machine, hasn't let me down and does everything I need of it

Very lightweight and easy to handle
I wouldn't be without it now

Radish293 24-10-2017 01:39 PM

Got a Dyson handheld which is good around the house but a pain in the car as even with the attachment hose and crevice tool its a two handed operation as the trigger switch needs to be held to keep it in operation. Bought a Dyson upright with is OK then but. the mrs wanted the G Tech cord less upright. its fantastic. any one what a little used Dyson.

muzzer 24-10-2017 01:41 PM

Like pxr5, i own both the Gtech vacuums and they are great, had a gen 1 floor model but switched up to the new one and the hand held version.
Collection capacity is not as good as the Dyson but then the lack of a cable is a bonus, the new ones have a replaceable scented filter which makes using them quite pleasant, they are easier to empty than the Dyson and lighter by quite some margin.

I would never go back to a Dyson now having owned the Gtech's

scuba-phil 24-10-2017 02:20 PM

having read these posts im tempted to change. My dyson has been terrible lately even after buying new filters.

Rayaan 24-10-2017 02:51 PM

My household appears to be a dyson household. I bought a Dyson ball back in 2009 and its still going after daily use - its usually on for about 1-2 hours each day. The Cyclone technology certainly works - it picks up stuff that you can't even see from the carpets.

My FIL has a 20 year old dyson still going strong!

lentil 24-10-2017 03:14 PM

Crikey Rayaan, 1-2 hours each day, how big is your house? lol. Or do you have several pets?

Peter77 24-10-2017 04:22 PM

Like a few others above. I own both the gtechs. Really like both, only negative I have on the handheld is the battery life is a little poor. It's also not powerful enough to do a filthy car. Need to break out the bigger guns for that. Fine for a quick whizz round my car though[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatdazza 24-10-2017 07:32 PM

Have only tried the dyson v6 and think it is great. The which magazine scores it 75% and gives it a best buy. The gtech K9 score 57% ( not best buy) and air ram mark 2 scores 65% but not a best buy.