Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing' (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   No more rusty discs when washing! BH test (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=398805)

Citygo 15-09-2017 03:43 PM

No more rusty discs when washing! BH test
 
2 Attachment(s)
Well today was the day I finally got to test this product. Currently still under development it's described as a 'water borne contact corrosion inhibitor (migratory)'.

Diluted it down to 5% in a water sprayer bottle and lightly misted onto the drivers side discs. It seemed to land on the discs in bubbles however this was probably my sprayer. I then proceeded to clean my wheels using valet pro Bilberry.

I then rinsed my wheels using filtered water from a vessel. And here are the results which I think speak for themselves.

It's a very simple product and very economical with the
Dilution ratio.

And after a short drive you can guess which side was alot cleaner.

Would I like to see this product in production? Definitely. Yes you can drive on and off you're drive but it's a chore.

Simple, brilliant product from bilt hamber

TonyH38 15-09-2017 04:35 PM

That's looking good.

sean ryan 15-09-2017 04:35 PM

Look's awesome buddy something else i'll have to buy lol

Smanderson117 15-09-2017 04:48 PM

madness, this is the one thing that annoys most detailers surely? Also the rust throw up as soon as you drive off surely serves to soil your wheels quicker than if using this. Brilliant, another masterpiece from the guys at BH

neilmcl 15-09-2017 04:50 PM

Does it remove existing rust or just prevent new stuff from forming?

Njs71 15-09-2017 05:17 PM

That could be worth a go. It certainly seems to work. So could be another product to go on the shelf.

Well done BH :thumb:

Bilt-Hamber Lab 15-09-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilmcl (Post 5381440)
Does it remove existing rust or just prevent new stuff from forming?

Firstly thanks for the great review Citygo!

Product is best used AFTER washing, it can be sprayed over the wheels and brakes plus it should be used over the entire under carriage after washing. During winter it will neutralize road salt and and stop rust forming. Even at 1-2 % in water this is effective. The inhibitors create a molecular shield that creep over and migrate to protect surfaces not even touched by the liquid. We think i'ts going to be a very useful post wash treatment - it can be applied by pump spray, trigger spray or power washer. :thumb:

Hereisphilly 15-09-2017 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilt-Hamber Lab (Post 5381453)
Firstly thanks for the great review Citygo!

Product is best used AFTER washing, it can be sprayed over the wheels and brakes plus it should be used over the entire under carriage after washing. During winter it will neutralize road salt and and stop rust forming. Even at 1-2 % in water this is effective. The inhibitors create a molecular shield that creep over and migrate to protect surfaces not even touched by the liquid. We think i'ts going to be a very useful post wash treatment - it can be applied by pump spray, trigger spray or power washer. :thumb:

How quick can you get this out for sale? This is something I've been after for ages and will finally mean I don't have to shunt the car up and down the drive for ages and ages drying the brakes off

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Bilt-Hamber Lab 15-09-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hereisphilly (Post 5381455)
How quick can you get this out for sale? This is something I've been after for ages and will finally mean I don't have to shunt the car up and down the drive for ages and ages drying the brakes off

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Labels are being designed now and first main batch being made.

Andyblue 15-09-2017 05:33 PM

Now that looks very interesting and I'd definitely be interested in purchasing.

Well done :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors