Detailing World Forum banner

Garage Door Insulation

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Kev.O 
#1 ·
Since installing a new canopy garage door last year I really need to insulate the door. Ideally I should have gone for a roller door but logistically it made more sense to swap the door like for like allowing me to utilise the electric door opener.

Can anyone recommend some door Insulation please? I've seen quite a few videos and photos and I'm really not keen on the insulation that simply goes over everything and is double sided sticky taped as it looks messy. Ideally I would prefer the version that has a pre cut in it allowing the Insulaiton to fit in the existing gap and fit snug when out flat.

Any experience will be gratefully received.

Regards

Kev

#7 ·
Without the insulation i could feel the cold coming off the inside of the door in the winter and it had lots of condensation - with the insulation the condensation is gone and the cold direct from the door is no more.
There is some slight drafts from the edges where the door meets the frame but it's not too bad.
The best thing about this foil is it's light so the door lifts just as easy as before, with some insulation (heavier stuff) you'll find the door wants to come back down it it isn't pushed right back when open

I'd recommend this as a quick, cheap, effective insulation :)

I have several meters of this left but Huddersfields a bit far away from you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.