Detailing World Forum banner

Best budget wax

30K views 143 replies 56 participants last post by  Dapman 
#1 ·
What's the best budget wax?

Been speaking to a mate looking for an easy to use product to provide couple of months worth of durability.

As I've said ease of use is key. I've suggested Poorboys Paste wax.

#101 ·
Late to this party but I'm going to put my 2p in this thread.

Double speed wax. What a amazing product! Cheap, comes with a microfiber towel but a crappy little applicator.
Iv had 3 tins of the stuff and beads are insane. Maybe one of the best water behaviour waxes I have seen. But what has been mentioned before is the application. I hated it!!! So bloody dry to apply it gives my cramp! Tried a damp application and left wax or water marks everywhere on the car. This is by far not the easiest wax to deal with but just love the looks and protection it offers.

Collinite 845 must be the easiest product on the market! Can do a whole car within 10min and holds decent durability.

Finish Kare Pink wax was and maybe still is my favourite wax for looks. Amazing gloss and beading properties but lacks after 2 months with durability. You can cake the stuff on during a hot summers day and still wipes clean from 1 swipe. No other wax does this. Throw the instructions in the bin and away you go.

Finish Kare 1000p sealant is very good and too easy to use. But in my opinion needs to be a fresh or polished paint. Just slapping this stuff on looses durability fast.

I have autosmart WAX in my arsenal which I'm still to use. Apparently this is meant to be super easy to use with 3 or 4 added waxes in the pot. Smell like butterscotch. Might try a panel with this tomorrow just to try it.

Simoniz wax (gold tin) a lot of scaremongering on this one. I own it and it's a doddle to use. Wax on and wax off. What's more to say about it? Spreads lovely and great protection.

Fusso. We all know about the stuff and I was a very early user of it. This hands down beats everything for protection! Until you start with ceramic coatings, nothing stands a chance. I don't know why people complain about hard buffing and hard application. I use way to much (I like to see a product being worked in) and even in direct sunlight on a hot day I NEVER had a problem. I have bought another tin so I never run out of the stuff.

I have tried maybe 25 - 35 cheaper 'budget' waxes and much prefer fusso for bullet proof protection and ease of use. For the best looks I had on my black car is polished with Bilt Hamber cleanser Polish topped with fusso. I have never seen my paint look like glass before. AMAZING!

If you can put the effort in double speed wax is very rewarding once done. I still need to try bilt hamber finis as this is highly regarded too.

But if your after child's play, collinite 845 all the way!

#102 ·
I have a budget of £20 thanks to good old santa.....I've been through this thread in the hope of an answer.....I want easy peasy on/off....

So do I go for...

FK2685 (got FK1000 already but it's finnicky on my Mitsu paint)
Chemical Guys XXX (had it previously)
Farecla G3

:eek:

#106 ·
Farecla G3 Professional Supergloss Paste Wax easy on and off for a novice even if you apply it on heavily leaves a lovely gloss . it boxes well above its weight quality and price wise imo and doesnt get as much airplay as other waxes for some reason, maybe because its sold in halfords?
todds

#108 ·
The only 2 waxes I have bought are FK 1000P and Autosmart Wax - both classed as budget wax's but I want protection on my car - I get around 6 months with these....1000P if the paint is stripped back - clayed etc 8 months was very easy in the winter time, with washing the car every 6 to 8 weeks and I was covering 500 miles per week...I reckon I could of got longer if I washed my car every week. I have a sample of Waxaddict Quartz and got around 5 months protection over the summer time, but I would not pay the £100 for the tub of wax as I felt it offered nothing better in finish and protection with my current waxes

#109 ·
You'll get another 2-3 months minimum with Quartz. I love Fk1000p but it doesn't offer anywhere near the same levels of gloss or hydrophobicity as Quartz I find nor does it hold up as well.

For £18 though you can't complain at all about FK1000p, it's a terrific sealant. Try out there hybrid wax FK2685. I love it more so than 1000p.

#122 ·
Sorry buddy but that is incorrect. Not all wax comes from leaves or coconuts, synthetic wax is still wax. Ingredients do not define the product, how it bonds to the paint does. Fusso does not chemically bond like a sealant, therefor it is a wax.

'Hybrid' is marketing term, nothing more. Don't get me wrong I love some hybrid waxes, But the only difference between say Dodo Juice SN and SNH is the SNH contains synthetic waxes as well as natural ones. It's still a wax though, not a sealant.

#123 · (Edited)
Sorry mate but a synthetic wax is a sealant
Other well know company's have spent millions on research and testing on how to get a wax to last longer. yet fusso gets theres to last a year. the reason it lasts a year is its a sealant and bonds to the paint. its the bond that makes it last so long. unless you have a different reason.

#125 · (Edited)
I hate the guy but he is right :lol:

Fusso and FK1000p are both classed as paste sealants. Ask Jackie from Nipponshine who sells Fusso in the UK. He has explained countless times on FB why it is called a wax, something to do with the japanese language and the translation to english.

If it is man made is it synthetic. It can be called a synthetic wax but that doesn't make it a real wax. It might be called a synthetic wax but that is just another name for sealant. It is all sales jargon these days, they call it whatever they think will help it sell best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.