Detailing World Forum banner

Snow foaming

4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  voon 
#1 ·
Do you rinse before snow foaming :thumb:

#4 ·
I agree it would dilute, but I know some people who insist on a water rinse first to remove lose particles, especial in summer months as they believe it cools the paint and stops foam/wash solution evaporating as quick as well.

A poll would be a great idea as I would like to see more opinions myself

#8 ·
I would agree its more personal preference that a right or wrong type question.

I guess it will also depend on how dirty the car is to start with as well.

But as with anything in the wrong hands can be damaging so if you do rinse with just water first be careful not to blast dirt up close in one position etc (common sense really)

#11 ·
I only see sense in that if there's a ton of caked mud on the car, when you drove through dirt roads AWD style or similar after rain etc. I.e. when a simple rinse will already dissolve a ton of caked earth without wasting snowfoam on it. but then only as a very gentle shower and not any strong waterbeam.

On a normal car with simple traffic film etc, gentle rinsing before snowfoaming should have close to no effect at all apart from wasting water.

#18 ·
Sure .. I'm just always being specific in my reasonings. No that's a lie. mostly I think. Otherwise everybody can do what they like .. if someone prefers a rain dance ritual, go for it :) I don't have to agree on that, though. I udnerstand we're in a discussion forum ... for static info I'd check a wiki *g*

#22 ·
Depends on the type of product used any what my intentions are.

If it's summer, the car is dusty and warm I'll rinse, then foam with Adams and wash. The shampoo being on the paint stops any water spots.

If it's winter and the car is dirty I'll foam first with Bilt Hamber Auto Foam to remove the most dirt before contact washing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.