• Autoglym Polar blast

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Dodo Jiuce Apple i foam

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Car-pro Iron X snow soap

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Gtechniq w4 Citrus snow foam

Votes: 7 5.3%

I fancy a change, what do you recommend?

11K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  tosh 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm getting very close to finishing my Auto Finesse Avalanche snow foam and I fancy trying something that I haven't used before I have created a poll so you can cast your vote as to what you think I should use next based on your experience. Please suggest any other product that I may have not added. There are so many snow foams out there and these are what I have in mind. :detailer:

#3 ·
I voted BH Auto foam. Then the results popped up; and i saw just about everyone else so far also did....

I can't lie; i've only tried the Valet Pro amongst the other choices. But bought the BH based on great reviews the web over and the fact its very reasonably priced. And will continue to use it because it flat out does what its supposed to.

#7 ·
I've got BH Auto foam and se it via a garden sprayer and works very well - going to try it via foam gun over next month or so.

Used and liked Auto Allure snow foam - but you can't get it presently...

Tried and like AG new Polar blast :)

Not tried AF Avalanche, so can't say if any of the ones I've used are any better...

#9 ·
I'll put forward obsession blizzard based on its dilution ratio of 15-20ml per application its hard to beat and even with the lower dilution ratio you still get a nice thick foam that will have cleaning ability of other foams with higher dilution ratios, the initial purchase price may be a little more than others but when the small 500ml bottle will see 25 applications even from the higher dilution

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I’m most recently using Piste and Snowtime, both have a nice smell and give a good foam but can’t say I’ve seen a huge amount of dirt being carried off the car - then again with the summer we’ve had there hasn’t been much visible dirt. Both foam well , piste even more so, but when I exhaust my current stocks I’ll give BH a try.

#11 ·
I use BH Auto Foam and Auto Glanz spritzer, I like the Auto foam in a pump sprayer and the Spritzer through the lance. Both products do a good job and would recommend either. I use both of them in winter when the cars are really grubby, seems to get most of the muck off before I contact wash. BH Auto Foam first, rinse then Spritzer ,rinse and proceed with the wash.

#13 ·
I’ve selected polar blast as I not tried that yet, but my two favourites at the moment our ODK Arctic of which I mix with a touch of ODK breakdown for extra cleaning power when needed or if it’s hot and sunny I use Adams ultra foam, the advantage with this is it can also be used as a high foam shampoo in your wash bucket as well. Only downside with the Adams stuff at the minute is the exchange rates are poor which have a knock on effect but I would highly recommend it, especially if you have no shade to work in.

#19 ·
Hi Soulboy
Ive used a few of those ones you mentioned and my experience has been varied more recently purchased Polar blast in the beginning of summer months and not found it amazing does the job though. I've brought some of Tony's @ waxplanets "eight below" but not used it yet, seems very good value. https://waxplanet.co.uk/collections...-snow-foam-concentrate?variant=16995970646074
By the way I saw your recent thread on the ahem modest improvements to the M2 those wheels though ........ wow stunning.
best regards

#22 ·
I originally started out with Valet Pro PH neutral or Advanced. They were alright. Gyeon Q2m Foam i find cleans alright but hard to judge the cling as it gets used on the Fiesta ST which is coated and usually starts sliding off quick.

Then the other cars in the household tend to get done with Autosmart Ultramousse. Weaker dilultion for my other car and a tiny bit stronger for the less maintained vehicles. Clings for a while thats for sure and it loosens a good portion of the dirt due to this. It is however probably not the most LSP friendly.

#23 ·
Koch Chemie GSF (gentle snow foam)
Koch Chemie GS (green star)

Mix 25ml of each together, mix with 500ml of water in your foam bottle. You can then adjust your ratio to get the foaming level and cleaning level you need.

Once you have the combo you like, mix up a litre of concentrate or 5L of the final mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.