Detailing World Forum banner

Hello to the Newbies Please Support the forum

299K views 186 replies 162 participants last post by  vsideboy 
#1 ·
:wave:
Hello to all the New members , i hope that you get some valueable information whilst on the site and that you stick around and share your experiences with the rest of the members.

Please read the rules HERE so that you know how we like to run the forum.

To help support the forum and keep it running please remember that we have DW stickers and merchandise .

PM if you need more details .

#140 · (Edited)
Hello newbie with much to learn

Hello,
I am a classic car nut and have only ever done some basic buffing on several classic cars I have painted in cellolouse paint, I have learned so much already here and realise I know nothing now!

I am looking to buy a das 6 pro or das6 pro plus but cannot find many reviews of the das6 pro plus any ideas on which is best for me?

Cheers

Olly

#143 ·
Hi all thanks for having me,my name is Gerard but shortened to jer.my background dates back to the mid 80s in a company called executive car care in Dublin then a Porsche dealership for pendragon plc in Nottingham then back to Dublin where I worked as manager of eveready car valeting until an rsi injury put paid to my rist in 1998,now I am back at it and trying to get a new business in detailing up and running in Dublin,so no doubt I will be on here looking for help,so thanks in advance guys.

#144 ·
Hello Whizzer,
Been looking at your merchandise and really like the hoodies and t shirts
Just wondering if they can be ordered with a logo on the front and back.
Can't see any stickers would be interested in internal window stickers, one for the back window and a wee one for were the tax disc used to go.

#146 ·
Hi all! I've just joined the site as I've recently bought an 05 Fiesta LX which isn't in awful condition but needs a bit of work both inside and out.

I have minor experience as working for Autosmart, I get the advantage of being on their 2 days beginners valeting course which taught me a few handy tricks but joined the site to get some more tips and information. All advice welcome on how to get my new motor restored back to it's former glory!

#155 ·
Hi All,

always loved having a nice clean car,

Just recently sold my Range Rover Sport and bought a MK7 Golf R and thought i would take cleaning to a new level,

After what i have learned so far on this forum, I had no idea what i had been doing wrong all these years, Time for a change now totally got the detail bug,

Wife is going crazy as i keep getting packages delivered to the house, loving it LOL

p.s when can i start a new thread ?

Stay Frosty !!!

Cheers

#156 · (Edited)
Hi,

I recently bought a car that had been 'prepared' by the car dealer (13 years ago since I bought my last one). It took them a day to do it. I'm thinking why does it take so long to vacuum and wash a car?

So I asked what did they do. They did a wash, clay bar, wax, polish ... What's a clay bar? ...

So I went online to have a look "clay bar" and after lots of reading, here I am!

Loads to learn and lots of questions to ask!

Just wondering how I 'thank' people?

#159 ·
Hi Guys ! I am NEW :car: HERE, I just love Cars and Bikes from 8 years old, and have owned a lot of RS models and now into Minis, I have been the old boys Detailing and now moving on to the best ways and the new boys WAX, I have been showing my cars from 1983 and still love to get involved with showing :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.