Detailing World Forum banner

newbie from devon

3K views 23 replies 22 participants last post by  Kenan 
#1 ·
Hi all. Im from Torquay devon. All of a sudden im obsessed with detailing so thought id better jump on a forum as i think ive a lot to learn.

Owned a white Nissan Skyline r33 gts-t for 9 years now. Have to say ive quite neglected it over the years (relative to my mindset now), it got a pretty regular jetwash and thats about it!

Think about a month ago i read on a detailing forum via a google search, about how "touchless" jetwashes are very caustic and not good for paint, and i think that was the beginning my new addiction

Currently im trying to cut out swirls in my paint, was going pretty well until today - will be making a post about that in the relevant places im sure.

Was inspired a lot by Larry @ AmmoNYC after searching for videos on what the hell the 2 bucket method was, and finding his videos. One week later i have 4 buckets, 8 grit guards and a washboard and everyone i live with thinks im crazy :lol:

Hope i dont end up annoying everyone with too many questions :newbie:

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome matey. Im in plymouth.
Lovely skyline you have buddy.
Be prepared for your bank account to be emptied.
Detailing will do that but the sense of satisfaction will be immense when you stand back and take a look at your car.[emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.