Detailing World Forum banner

Auto Allure Reflex wet look wax - review

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Andyblue 
#1 · (Edited)
Auto Allure Reflex wet look wax - review, 2nd car added

Bought a pot for my wife for her birthday - that's love that is :D

Smells very nice and used it on her car today.

It's a hard wax, so different than I've used before. Used a wo-wo foam applicator I had to apply, used a dry applicator go apply.

Car washed etc as normal...

Goes on well and I found it easy to use, the only difficulty I had (and suspect user error / inexperience with this type of wax) was judging had I got some on the foam applicator / had I got enough on the applicator. As soon as you start to apply to the car, went on very slick and the smell coming off the car was very nice.

Instructions say to leave to haze around 5 mins, well the sun came out again as I started to apply, so had a bit of a play - some panals left 5 mins, some less and some more. Buffed off easy whichever way I did it - I'd probably say the wax on and after a short period off was the easiest, but not sure if this allows the wax time to cure ?

Finished the car and went over it again with another clean microfibre cloth, it felt so smooth, slippery and you could 'feel' the car had been coated.

Not done a water / beading test yet - car was too nice :) - will pop some photos up and when (not if) it rains, will add one of the beading...

Wife very pleased with the results, it's added a nice depth of shine to the car and has made the flecks really pop in the paint.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
2nd car / review added

So had a further play with the wax on my car this afternoon - glacier silver, so not as easy to get a deep shine / gloss as with dark car...

Did it slightly different this time, thought I'd try waxing the whole car, before buffing off rather than a couple of panels like yesterday, which is more like I'm used to doing and I wanted to see if it made it any more difficult to remove...

Easier to apply the wax today as I was more confident with knowing I had wax on the applicator pad and applied a nice thin coat to the car.

Once applied to the whole of the car, proceeded to buff off, no issues at all in buffing off, I would say on the vertical panels it seemed easier to buff off ?
In some respects, potentially easier to buff off today than yesterday, but that maybe due to slightly over applying or not waiting quite long enough (although it was hot) before buffing yesterday on wife's car.

Left a lovely, glossy, soft (?) feeling to the car, very impressed with the results on both cars and certainly recommend - oh and it still smells lovely :)

And cleaned my exhaust tips nicely :)

Attachments

#7 ·
So had a further play with the wax on my car this afternoon - glacier silver, so not as easy to get a deep shine / gloss as with dark car...

Did it slightly different this time, thought I'd try waxing the whole car, before buffing off rather than a couple of panels like yesterday, which is more like I'm used to doing and I wanted to see if it made it any more difficult to remove...

Easier to apply the wax today as I was more confident with knowing I had wax on the applicator pad and applied a nice thin coat to the car.

Once applied to the whole of the car, proceeded to buff off, no issues at all in buffing off, I would say on the vertical panels it seemed easier to buff off ?
In some respects, potentially easier to buff off today than yesterday, but that maybe due to slightly over applying or not waiting quite long enough (although it was hot) before buffing yesterday on wife's car.

Left a lovely, glossy, soft (?) feeling to the car, very impressed with the results on both cars and certainly recommend - oh and it still smells lovely :)

And cleaned my exhaust tips nicely :)
Looking good Andy.

I'm just trying out a few of AA's products and found the Luxallure shampoo really really nice.

I have this wax coming this week as it was 50% off so I'll look to use and review it.

Quick question though, how come you don't just upload the pics to your post's so that they are actually embedded in the post instead of having to click on the links within the post?

#14 · (Edited)
Just an update, washed the cars today - a breeze the water before washing was beading very well, you could feel the mitt gliding over the bodywork. Not much dirt actually on the car, which considering the rain we've had is good.

Rinsed off and the beading was excellent on the bonnet / roof etc and running off the sides with very little remaining :).

As its a nice afternoon, decided to wax mine again :) - a breeze to go on this time, it's layering nicely and for a silver car, got a lovely wet look gloss to it...very happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.