Detailing World Forum banner

DetailingworldReview – AutoGlym High Performance Tyre Gel

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Autoglym 
#1 ·
Detailingworld[emoji769] Review - AutoGlym High Performance Tyre Gel
Introduction
Firstly thanks to Mark*over at AutoGlym for sending over the Tyre Gel for review.
:)

AutoGlym are long established brand, no strangers to keeping cars clean and protected.
For more info on them: https://www.autoglym.com/about-us

The Product
The product arrived looking exactly like you would expect from Autoglym, in a nice white PET bottle which matches their products.

The actual gel is a moderately thick gel, slightly pink in colour and smells a little bit fruity. Rather pleasant to be fair.

AutoGlym say about the Tyre Gel:
"*Perfectly dressed tyres complete the look of your clean car. High Performance Tyre Gel is a long lasting, sweet scented tyre dressing. It contains active silicone polymers which contribute to the depth of shine and durability.
To ensure precise and even coverage apply with our Perfect Polish Applicator.
It can leave you with a high gloss or natural 'new tyre' finish, whichever you prefer.*"

The Method
So first things first, the car I was trying this out on was a 2012 Range Rover Evoque.
The wheels were in a rather dirty state to begin with so were washed in the normal manner, tyre's given a good spritz of cleaner and a good brushing until they were coming up clean.
They were then left looking like this, tyres were dull and lifeless really. Many years of neglect means they'd seen better days.

The AutoGlym guys then say on their website to:
Apply a small amount of High Performance Tyre Gel to a Perfect Polish Applicator.
I didn't have the AG applicator so used my normal tyre dressing applicator.

It sat on the applicator nicely, a nice gel meant it didn't just soak straight in.

A quick 50/50 showing the difference

It went on to the wheel very nice, no need to keep going over the same spot. Spread very well and consistently with very little patchy areas.
And then the finished wheel, not wiped down with a MF but just allowed to dry naturally for about 2-3 minutes.

Price
The website shows the prices at:

£10.70*for 500ml

https://www.autoglym.com/high-performance-tyre-gel

Seems a fair price for the amount I used for 1 coat on 4 tyres. I would feel happy I could get a fair amount of uses from this bottle.

Would I use it again?
Yewh I would. I like my tyres glossy and after 1 coat this did leave a bit of gloss. I feel a second would have really left some deep gloss behind.
Didn't feel greasy or like there would be any 'slinging' worries.

Conclusion
Time was really of the essence for me dressing these tyres and the Autoglym tyre gel really helped me along my way. So easy to use I had the tyres dressed in no time and left a really nice finish.
I'd happily use it again and defiantly give 2 coats a go and see what gloss I can achieve.
:)
"Detailingworld[emoji769] reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.