Detailing World Forum banner

Spark Plugs Question

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  mr v6 
#1 ·
Been having a few problems with the Bravo recently. Driving along and the engine power cuts out. Tried a few things and have come to the conclusion that its the plugs. Went into the motor factors and they advised me that because I have the 150bhp T-Jet model, I need Iridium Spark Plugs? £18 per plug! :doublesho:doublesho

Does this sound about right? Been on Mister Auto website and they do them for under £10 per plug but that still seems expensive for a set of spark plugs for a Fiat?

#2 ·
No, any plug within the right heat range and gap will be OK.

Are you sure its plugs and not coil packs (if it has them) causing the issue.

Visit halfords/online to find out which model plug you need, then visit a car spares please to get them cheaper.

#4 ·
Apparently the Iridium plugs have life span of 50-55k miles. Car has done 52.5k so should be ready for a change. I've only had the car 18mths so not changed them yet. Service is due in Auguist and would've had them changed then but looks like I'll be doing it when I'm off next week.

#7 ·
sounds electical to me if it just cuts out without warning, could be the ignition coil turning off the engine but then again it could be allot of things.

Id imagine if it was a fueling problem then the car would splutter before cutting out.

Just get a set of ngk's or something as said above ( go to halfrauds)nothing fancy as its all a load of dribble when it comes to specail type plugs.

I reckon this motor factor has seen you coming so dont spend any more than £20 on a set.

#9 ·
Basically the problem is that when I'm driving alond accelerating, the power cuts out. No acceleration at all. I take my foot off the gas then back on and it kicks in again. Everything else works when this happens, electrics and mechanics. My mpg is also really suffering because of this problem. I've tried adding injector cleaner to the fuel but its not done much? I've recently had the clutch replaced, could this be linnked?

#14 ·
I take my foot off the gas then back on and it kicks in again.
Possible broken tracks in the throttle position sensor (TPS) issue? Nothing to lose on a diag machine. You could spend more in replacing parts just trying to guess the fault than the cost of a diag which could well pin point it.

Get yourself a cheapo ELM327 cable or ELM327 bluetooth adapter & Torque app for Android:thumb:.

#11 · (Edited)
it could be the crank possition sensor. If they have replaced the clutch n the gear box has been removed i dear say something might have become unplugged or a lose connection has occured.

Look around the gear box for any sensors etc make sure they are all plugged in.

Also as said in prev post get it plugged into a diagnostic machine, sure its the cost of 1 hrs labour but if it finds the problem and can get your mpg back up n running then its money well spent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.