Detailing World Forum banner

Nilfisk e145 or p150?

20K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  saul 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've asked the big fella for a new pressure washer for Christmas, I'm torn between the e145(£220) or the p150(£320). Am I going to regret not getting the p150? Should I buy the e145 and spend the extra 100 quid on a new gun instead?

It'll be solely used for my own car, about once a week. I'm current using my dads c120 out of necessity but would like to invest in my own machine.

Your opinions would be great [emoji106]

John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
The E145 is a great machine but if you really have the choice I would go for the 150. It's not a bad price (has been cheaper but that's the luck of the draw), I have yet to see a bad word said about one. If I wanted a washer, it would be my choice. The euro has affected the price some machines, even with deals available a lot are more costly than they used to be but the 150 has stayed pretty much the same and for £320 you get a lot of bang for your buck.

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks Shine :thumb:

I've had mine now for a couple of year - I reckon though with how quick time passes it may be longer.

Hose is good and no issues with it. Only slight potential problem the last time i used it the other week it was pulsing slightly but im hoping it was a one off.

I chose the 145 as I couldn't justify the p150 price however tbh I'm pretty certain that personally I wouldn't have noticed the difference anyway. The 145 is plenty powerful for me and I like the hose reel and attachment storage meaning everythings neat when it's not innate.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the 145 however as the big man is paying it's not you saving the money.

I'd suggest the 145 and a nice wax to make up the difference :lol:

Edit: just checked my old threads itll be coming up on 3 years at the turn of the year.

#34 ·
Hi All, long time lurker in the shadows here and I thought it was about time I said hello so this seemed like a good place to start.

Just taken delivery of the E150 along with the auto and under chassis nozzles, first impression's out of the box its heavy, minimal assembly req'd 5mins tops, feels like a quality piece of kit.

In use - 5m power lead allows me to connect directly to the mains and position the washer next to the drive outside the front door, no extensions req'd nothing to trip over. The hose is what it says it is 10m no need to move the washer to get round the car, heavy duty, flexible but does what you want it to and after 3 years of struggling with cheep plastic hoses on previous washers its almost worth the price by itself. Plenty of pressure and water flow, the auto nozzle gives a nice fan spread and the chassis nozzle make easy work of cleaning the wheel arches etc, not tried the Tornado or Powerspeed nozzles yet although I suspect they will make quick work of cleaning drives, patios etc. Hose reel works well doesn't get tangled when winding it back in.

Conclusions - E150 great pressure washer out of the box. E145 the model which I was looking for originally which judging by the specs would be as good as the 150, doubt I would have noticed the slightly lower pressure, appears to have been discontinued though I couldn't find one. P150 extra wattage, increased flow rates, brass head, onboard detergent tank i'll leave to the more knowledgeable and experts as the E150 suits what I want.

Anyway apologies for the ramble.

Cheers

Bruce

#41 ·
Was that not one of their lightning type deals though which was only available with limited stock for a short period of time ie one day or less?

249 is an excellent price for the P150 I'd be surprised if it goes down to that again.

As others have said though if it's only used infrequently it's not needed and one of the lesser models will be fine. I've the e145 and never had issues wishing I'd more power :thumb:

#38 · (Edited)
this gives the history of it's pricing throughout the last year, even came down to £250!!.

I'm on the look out for another PW. Would any of these be an overkill purchase for someone looking after just the one car (weekend warrior) ? Currently own a C130.

I have been looking at this one in particular, priced within my budget. Is the hose on this any good or can I replacement it? I already have an aftermarket hose for the C130.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.