Detailing World Forum banner

Lint coming out of microfibers

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Sawel 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had any advice on maintaining microfiber cloths/applicators etc.
I’m getting a little lint left behind which is noticeable when cleaning/drying windows/mirrors/glossy areas.

I think I’ve got a pretty good wash/dry routine.

Run the machine empty to self clean the lint from the last load.
Run it once loaded, with cloths, without detergent, to get rid of the worse (synthetic mode)
Run it again, with non bio gel, on synthetic wash, extra rinse.
Then in the tumble dryer that’s cleaned out beforehand and put through at synthetic mode.

Anyone see any gaps or mistakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Sometimes it is out of one's control to stop lint. In the case of towels that refuse to stop leaving lint, they may have been dye-treated with water that is too hot. When that process happens with water that is too hot, they will lint forever.

When that happens, full batches of towels will lint and not just one. (if you buy bulk)

#4 ·
If you’ve got lint on MFs you’ll find it almost impossible to get rid of

For the ones that you use for glass cleaning, lay them flat and use a lint roller on them. May work if the pile isn’t too thick.

I’ve moved onto Kiln Korea glass towels for the final wipe, they don’t appear to have anything that can hold onto lint, so I wash them as normal with everything else. Another good one is the Wilko glass towel, but it’s a bit big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#7 ·
Was wondering if anyone had any advice on maintaining microfiber cloths/applicators etc.
I'm getting a little lint left behind which is noticeable when cleaning/drying windows/mirrors/glossy areas.

I think I've got a pretty good wash/dry routine.

Run the machine empty to self clean the lint from the last load.
Run it once loaded, with cloths, without detergent, to get rid of the worse (synthetic mode)
Run it again, with non bio gel, on synthetic wash, extra rinse.
Then in the tumble dryer that's cleaned out beforehand and put through at synthetic mode.

Anyone see any gaps or mistakes?

i actually ended up using soft paper towel on my windows and piano black trim as nothing else would leave it so clean.

#8 ·
Thanks everyone. But it’s not just lint on glass, but paintwork too, during final wipe down.
It was just more annoying on glass.

And I’ve watched the vids and I’m doing exactly what they say, if not being more careful. I suspect it’s some of my super plush drying towels that are giving up the ghost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.