Detailing World Forum banner

Best budget wax

30K views 143 replies 56 participants last post by  Dapman 
#1 ·
What's the best budget wax?

Been speaking to a mate looking for an easy to use product to provide couple of months worth of durability.

As I've said ease of use is key. I've suggested Poorboys Paste wax.

#10 ·
Just used the Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax again today for the second time this week. I have a light silver 2014 Fiesta, and it looks sooooo good on it. So far, I am very impressed with the value for money and the ease of application. I am yet to see if the durability is as good as its reputation.
So this wax definitely gets my recommendation.

#15 · (Edited)
I've got DSW and FK #2685. Both pretty easy to use, FK more forgiving of over application. DSW definitely more durable. Can't say I really see a huge amount of difference between them looks wise. FK better value in that you get twice as much for barely any more money, but if I'm honest I'll probably be putting my tin of #2685 in my will [emoji38]

Britemax Vantage is also very well regarded and keenly priced although I haven't tried it myself. Brian1612 has a review in the, uh, reviews section.

#25 ·
Has everyone forgotten about Fusso or has that been left behind over the last few years with newer products ?

I personally can't see past it, tried a few different waxes throughout the year including Collinite, a few from chemical guys and a few others. None compete when it comes to beading and durability

#26 ·
Has everyone forgotten about Fusso or has that been left behind over the last few years with newer products ?

I personally can't see past it, tried a few different waxes throughout the year including Collinite, a few from chemical guys and a few others. None compete when it comes to beading and durability
Performance and longevity it is awesome, but for me it gets deducted points due to it not being the easiest to use

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Macc70 I was talking bout Wax-planet waxes being 30quid not Poorboys. I know that one is cheaper.

You also have a point with the sample sizes. They are cheap and the OP can benefit from a longer lasting wax for a smaller price point.

Perhaps the BH DSW is the longest lasting and best priced option TBH but I could also recommend Collinite waxes (476, 845) and Finish kare waxes (1000p and 2865).

#34 · (Edited)
I have just run out of dodo juice supernatural wax.
Thought I would give the car a top up as winter is comming. I used BH double speed as I already had some in stock, fearing the worst. A £15 wax vs a £60 wax.
Double speed looks way better in my eyes. Even Mrs Devilman said how hood the car was looking.
Will compare to contact 121 and evolution 2 over the month or so.
Dm

#38 ·
BH DS is a great cheap product BUT... if you want to spend sub £10 can i give a shout out for Armour All Shield... more of a sealant but its cheap as hell and easy to use! Ive become more of a snob now i must admit but when my little detailing wings were not allowing me to flee the nest yet this was okay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.