Detailing World Forum banner

Emptying E140.3

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  shine247 
#1 ·
The pictogram instructions with the nilfisk are a bit rubbish.

To set up before use: connect everything up, run water and squeeze trigger so water runs freely and THEN turn on power.

To put away: this is a bit more confusing but i think it looks like - turn off power, disconnect from tap, remove trigger and then turn power back on and run until dry.

Can anyone verify this please?

#5 ·
Yes, I just checked the instructions for the E140.3 and it does suggest releasing the pressure, disconnecting water supply and gun from hose then briefly switching the machine on again to pump out any residual water.

Does this just apply to the professional range or is this advice for the consumer models too?

#3 · (Edited)
For my 140.2 I turn the water supply off. Then sqeeze the trigger with the power off to release all pressure. Then remove the water supply then pull the trigger and run for about 15 seconds to drain the pump.

Also remove any lance at the final stage to ensure the water has the fastest escape, I think that is the bit that is not clear.

#8 ·
Thanks for the reassurance. I was a bit unsure and was trying to read the instructions on my phone whilst out on the driveway.

With my c120 I used to leave the hose connected but turn the tap off and then run the PW until dry. This seemed to clear all the water out but I never knew if it accelerated the death of the machine. I didn't want to make the same mistake second time around.

#9 ·
Definitely do not leave the hose connected because it restricts the free flow of the motor, it will try and drain your hose as well. Also there is a fine line between draining the pump and it overheating, I sometimes do it twice, 10 seconds, do something else and then another 10 seconds. My be over cautious but why not? :)

#12 ·
Sorry, I should have said that I disconnect both inlet and outlet hoses and 5 seconds is enough for me to see the water exit from the outlet connection of the pressure washer and stop flowing.

It would be a lot longer if you were waiting for the water to be pumped through the full length of the outlet hose (10m or whatever).

Hope that helps.

Alan W

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.