Detailing World Forum banner

Leather repair help

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Furniture Clinic 
#1 · (Edited)
I've seen a few threads in leather repair but I've just bought a new car and have discovered that I am gonna have to make one myself. Any ideas what I need for this repair?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I could see the pics fine before, but now I see only links to the images, but can still see them. I've had that problem on DW before as well, some threads don't show any pics for me yet others can see them fine. Strange.

I'm not sure which repair kit you'd need, probably matt from your pics but you can chat with Judy on the LTT website, there's a pop-up chat box that appears after a few seconds when you visit the website. If you provide the car model and link to your pics she'd probably be able to advise on what you'd need. ;)

#8 ·
Scuffed Bolter Repair

Hi Danwel

At Furniture Clinic, we make some fantastic DIY kits to restore the colour to leather. The leather in your car interior is generally know as pigmented leather - in other words it is painted. Unfortunately, in high wear areas like your bolster, we can wear off this painted layer. Have a look at our Leather Touch Up Kit. It is a very popular kit for this type of colour restoration ...
https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Touch_Up_Kit.php
There is also a very helpful video tutorial on that page, showing exactly how easy it is to do.
If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Kind Regards
Duncan Ashurst
Senior Sales Advisor
Tel: 0844 879 3691
Furniture Clinic
Unit 10
Hobson Industrial Estate
Burnopfield
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE16 6EA
www.furnitureclinic.co.uk

#9 ·
+1 for furniture clinic. I got a touch up for my 2001 XKR, I cleaned the leather with Gliptone leather cleaner and treated with conditioner to try and soften it. The black leather had gone browny green in parts, it was cracked and rough. Sandpapered down the rough bits then furniture clinic repair kit to literally repaint/ dye the front of the seat. I'll get a piccie, it looked amazing when I finished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.