Thread: Share tips
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #610
gtechpete
Gtechniq UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
Shares is something I'd quite like to consider investing in but have no idea where to start and what to look for.
Buy a book called the Naked Trader (basic but very insightful), watch as many Youtube related seminars and lectures on investing/trading as you can find and then finally I would say setup a, "dummy"/play account on a real investing website (for example x-o.co.uk). This will allow you to buy stocks at actual live prices and monitor them over period of weeks/months to get a good feel for the highs and lows of share dealing. All of the real features but protecting your pocket until you are ready to go with real money.

Be vigilant, so many people buy in a hurry and make costly mistakes. It's easy to get carried away with gossip and "hot" tips. The stock market isn't going anywhere, better to study it for a few months then invest in my opinion.

To quote Benjamin Franklin - “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” These are words to live by and that approach will save you a lot of cash and heartache in the long run
gtechpete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gtechpete For This Useful Post:
Ravinder (19-10-2016)