Detailing World Forum banner

what to cover up

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  CU2MIKE 
#1 ·
hello all hope every body is ok.
just got a question i have wanted to clean my engine bay for a while now:) but to scared to do it just incase it dosent start again:(
i have got 2 pics so can anybody tell me what and if i need to cover any thing up:thumb: and i have got a hose pipe and what cleaning chemicals will i need to do the job:thumb:as i havent a clue:confused:
also on the under side of my bonnet its got some carpet like stuff so would just hot soapy water be fine to give that a good clean:)would take it off as it would be much easyer:)
the 2 pics of my fiesta engine bay

thanks for any help:)

See less See more
#4 ·
Use some G101 to clean the engine, if your only using a hose to rinse then no real need to cover anything up, just use common sense and dont continually soak the electrics, when its raining water will get through and make the engine wet, the engine electrics are designed to withstand a good deal of water and moisture:thumb:

#9 · (Edited)
If you PM SueJ in the Autosmart section she will send you the telephone number for your local AutoSmart Franchise.

OR

You can get AS G101 from Polished Bliss and Elite Car care
Bilt Hamber Surfex HD is also a very good APC

For your engine bay dressing try AG Vinyl and Rubber dressing (from Halfords)AG engine and machine cleaner and to clean the engine or Gunk.

OR

Autosmart Finish for engine bay plastics , plastic inner arches , interior, dilute to suit

All great products :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.