View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
HeavenlyDetail
DW Supporter
 
HeavenlyDetail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: kent
Posts: 5,417
Thanks: 1,080
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,231 Posts
Engine Bay Fitting


Now all the components for the engine bay are finished its time to fit them all...

First of all the crossover section is to be removed as this really stops most of the components from being worked on...







then the rocker cover is removed as i have a new one delivered from the bodyshop








the new one has been professionally sprayed to a shade i wanted to get a good juxtaposition of colours under the bonnet between my hoses and the chrome....I just didnt think white would highlight the colours well enough








and while the crossover was off the heatshield was fitted aswell





Brake fluid reservoir and cap fitted





and tops





and then the braided breather pipe fitted








Now the spark plug cover looked like it had a bit of flake in it so i decided to polish it up and see if i could work on it....


The cover was cleaned then hd-cleansed for a nice oily wet finish





and buffed off





the results are nice








Next oil filler cap put in place





and fuel rail fitted





then the black tophat removed to be replaced with the new chrome one





so now the back end almost fitted





Next was the transfer pipe which had been the hardest part to make , VX Racing hoses fitted and ready for installing








Jubilee clips all zaino z2pro,ed aswell x 3 layers





and hoses fitted





The chrome crossover is then refitted








Battery cover fitted





and 2 fuse box covers





Now the Air Mass Meter i knew would spoil the overall effect of the pipework running across the engine as it connects pipes with a large plastic part in the middle so i had a replica made to slot into place replicating a chrome interconnect and after 4 attempts it fitted perfectly and was bonded into place





Next an ITG Performance air filter was placed into position in place of the standard paper one





and the airbox cover and pipework was completed





Air Mass Meter connected up to give the straight through pipe , chrome look








Now one last detail i wanted to change was the Vauxhall Griffin on the front of the car so removed the front grill






and removed the Griffin








which left a plastic circle which needed drilling to fit the new badge through as the new badge had been made for me with a backed locking plate





new badge checked for fit





Locking plate fixed into position and locked





and new badge fitted








So after 5 hours my engine bay was fitted


BEFORE







AFTER



HeavenlyDetail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HeavenlyDetail For This Useful Post:
98m3/4 (10-09-2009), b7uce (29-09-2011), Jorge (13-04-2010), Mr Face (10-09-2011), ozy (29-09-2011), Quackers (12-02-2010), Ross08 (24-10-2010)