View Single Post
Old 30-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
nbray67
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,671 Posts
Garage
Utd have started strongly, Matic is a cracking signing for them.

Arsenal may struggle this season while ever Wenger is at the helm, they need rid of him I'm afraid.

City have started slowly but I can see them getting stronger, especially if they snatch Sanchez.

Chelsea look good despite the loss to Burnley. Another strong squad with Morata looking to shine the more he adapts to the PL.

Spurs, quiet in the transfer market but they have a strong squad, again, started slowly but will challenge the Top 4 again.

Everton, spent loads in the summer. Keane is a good buy but they lack that killer touch/class striker now that Lukaku has gone, saying that, Tom Dvies and Calvert-Lewin look decent.

As for us. Henderson and Sturridge (if fit) are 2 signings we didn't have for 90% of last season. Mane, Salah and Firmino are an epic trio up front. Coutinho will hopefully stay and give his all when fit (is he actually injured???).
Matip looks strong but he can't do it all in the CB role, Lovren and Klavan just don't fit for me. On our back 4, Gomez looked very composed when I saw him against Palace. Moreno has calmed down a tad but is strong going forward, unfortunately, he's too erratic. Robertson needs time and we have Clyne due back.
Can, Wijnaldum and Henderson look good together, not sure where The Ox would fit if he joins, especially if Coutinho stays and Lallana is fit.
We need a quality CB, it's a pity Sakho has burnt his bridges with Klopp.

Winners - City for me
With a Top 4 made up of
LFC
Utd
Chelsea

Relegation contenders
Palace
West Ham
Brighton
Swansea
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote